Header
Header
Header
 


08 October 2010

Proof reading

I have just returned from Majorca, where I was reading the proofs of Only Time Will Tell, the first volume of The Clifton Chronicles, which will be published on May 20 next year. In truth, you're meant to be looking out for small mistakes ('backer' instead of 'banker' for example), but the trouble is, one always has one or two fresh ideas at the same time. Nevertheless, I handed in the final copy this morning and will spend the next two months preparing for volume II, Above and Beyond.

Last night, I attended The Art of Giving event at the Saatchi Gallery to do an auction in support of twelve charities. The highlight of the auction was a piece of art by the graffiti king, Banksy. The work, rat with microphone, sold for £30,000.

4 Comments:

Blogger essel1 said...

Sir, I have left quite a few comments on your blogs like on your comment about John Howard the former Australian Prime Minister who didn't get the ICC post, your blog on the Pakistani spot fixing scandal, etc.
I know Sir you are ofcourse busy but I would love some feedback on that.
Kind regards
Sachal (essel1@yahoo.com) Pakistan

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read back, Jeffrey made a comment about that a few months ago.

12:28 PM  
Blogger essel1 said...

Dear Mystery reader
My comment on the Aussie Prime Minister of Lord's Archers Blog went unanswered (dated july 5th), and my comment on Mr. Ijaz Butt the Chairman of the Pakistan cricket Board also went unanswered. I would have loved some feedback to my thoughts from a great author we all have loved and respected for a number of years now.
Thanks and regards
Sachal

6:16 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

Sachal - Many thanks for your comments. Jeffrey does read every post, but sadly doesn't always have the time to respond to each one individually. Kind regards, Jeffrey's PA.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home