Header
Header
Header
 


14 September 2010

I dream the dream...

Somerset have never won the County Cricket Championship. When I was a child, Somerset were bottom, and Surrey were top, five years in a row. As I write this blog, Somerset are second in the first division, and Surrey are second to bottom in the second division. I welcome this reversal of fortune. However, whether I will ever live to see Somerset win the championship may well be decided this year, by how much rain falls in Nottingham and Durham. Somerset are just two points behind Notts, and both of them suffered yesterday when rain delayed play; Notts only managing one over, and Somerset not doing a lot better. Being an eternal optimist, I expect the sun to shine over Durham for the next three days, and grant Somerset the prize that has eluded them for over 100 years. The good people of Nottingham will be doing their damnedest to see that Somerset's dream is never realised, but when it comes to cricket, and six decades of supporting my county, I've had to be a dreamer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home