On Sunday morning my wife Mary ran in the annual Chariots of Fire race in Cambridge, and completed the 1.7 mile course in a commendable 16 minutes, raising money for two very deserving local charities: Home Start Cambridge, a voluntary organisation offering support to young families at difficult times, and Wallace Cancer Care, which provides a drop-in centre at Addenbrooke's Hospital offering practical, psychological, and emotional support to those living with cancer. 
Mary's team of six were, I have to report, not among the fastest, but, as she pointed out, their average age put them in the veterans class, so she felt exonerated. Next year, Mary tells me, she's going to demand that there's an 'old and bold' category, so I'll be forced out of retirement. Bet we still won't win a medal.



2 Comments:
Well done to Mary. A very worthy cause.
Mary looks so amazing in this picture. I didn't realise she was so good looking.
You have certainly done well! And boxed above your weight.
Richard
Post a Comment
<< Home