To all my friends in India, can I ask you to support John Howard (former Prime Minister of Australia) in his wish to be a member of the International Cricket Council. I've known Mr Howard for over thirty years, and not only do I hold him in the highest regard, but I am in no doubt that he would bring great wisdom and gravitas to any long-term decisions that need to be made for the good of the game. And by the way, he's just as nuts about the game as I am, and so would bring a mad passion to the table as well. I have heard that some of the opposition to his appointment comes from his criticism of Mr Mugabe, which I would have thought any right-minded person would agree with, not least when they remember the courageous stand made by Andy Flower and Henry Olonga, who gave up their cricketing careers and had to leave the country. Andy Flower is now coach to the England team, and Henry Olonga one of the most sought after dinner speakers and singers in the country.



4 Comments:
Lord Archer,
Do we have a vote in the ICC elections? If yes, in true Indian tradition we can help rig it!
:)
with all due regards sir ..........
opposition is coming not only from india but from australia as well......and infact sharad pawar was backing howard's bid......
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/indians-blast-john-howard-icc-bid/story-e6frg6nf-1225887316829
Sir,
I'm from India. I cannot speak for all Indians, but the general opinion in my college is that he should be elected. I hope BCCI administrators read your books, and go by your suggestion.
I would beg to differ. Isn't this the Howard who in his capacity as the Aussie prime Minister had called Murli (of Sri Lanka) a chucker and then had to apologize for it. I love your works, and you Sir are easily one of my favorite authors, but the fact that you feel that Mr. Howard was the right choice for the ICC presidency, leads me to believe, its another work of fiction from the great Jeffrey Archer. Cheers (Sachal Lakhwai, Pakistan)
Post a Comment
<< Home