Header
Header
Header
 


10 June 2010

It's a mad, mad, world

I attended the Mad Hatter's Ball at the Hurlingham Club last night, and conducted the auction on behalf of The Children's Trust, Tadworth, for children with multiple disabilities, which raised £23,500. One of the Lots was a male model who would have lunch with any lady who bid the highest. 'Desmond the Hunk', who doubles in Bond films, went for £1,250 to a very attractive blonde whose husband not only thought it was amusing, but paid the £1,250. The evening centred around a fashion show with hats donated by leading milliners from around the country. Gifts such as this allow charities the opportunity to raise large sums of money. Though I must confess, this year has been a lot tougher even than last year, and I am not optimistic of reaching the £2.1m achieved in 2009, as several of my auctions are not reaching the figures that were hoped for by the organisers. Just another example of how the current financial crisis is hitting everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home