Header
Header
Header
 


10 June 2010

Draft No.11

I've just arrived back from Majorca, having spent sixteen days working on the 11th draft of Only Time Will Tell, the first volume of The Clifton Chronicles, which I think, though nothing is set in stone, will be published next March. I go away again in a couple of weeks time, to do what I call a final read-through, before it's seen by the publisher. This is always a nerve-wracking time for any author, because until they hear the view of an outstider, and preferably one who's not directly involved, an author hasn't actually got a clue if the book's any good. Can I also thank all those who have written kind comments about And Thereby Hangs a Tale, my set of 15 short stories that were published last week.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sparky said...

Dear Mr Archer, I just turned the last page of Prisoner of Birth.
The character of Edmond Dantes would have been proud to have his so called story interpreted into this most uncanny current version. I am lady who fancies a great love story, but you my dear are able to grasp me and spin me into a web of deceit, law and suspense. I loved it, every darn page of it. I have read many of your books, of course Kane and Able will always resonate for me as your very best, but this one...oh my, oh my...Taking a peak at my library in just a moment to see what next J.A. will beckon me to read on. Blessings to you, Madame Samm

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Deepak S Daniel said...

Finished reading the collection of short stories" And thereby hangs a Tale" and just cant wait for the next one from you. Thank you so much for the all the books you have ever given us. - Deepak Spurgeon Daniel from India, Bangalore

12:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sir

Just completed of "And thereby hangs a tale" all were nice i ,Most of all i liked Nisha getting married to Rajesthani Prince.
Often i use " Only Time Will tell" phrase when i have to affirm my self with friends and colleague .
ALL THE VERY BEST FOR THIS ONE
BEST REGARDS
UNTILL MARCH

Smita

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Archer,
I've been nervously putting off writing my very first comment on your site.. guess I was suffering from 'Fan's Block', cause no matter what I wrote, it just didn’t match the admiration I have for your works.
I am an ardent fan of Ayn Rand (both her philosophy & literary style) and thought I will never get hooked-on to a singular author other than her. Unfortunately she is no longer 'available' to write anymore and having finished reading all her works of fiction & almost all of her non-fictions, I was at a loss for a favorite author. That is when you came along & smoothly filled in the vacancy. You have to know how much I admire Ms. Rand to understand my reverence for your books. I recently finished ‘A Prisoner of Birth’ and am still not out of the courtroom reverie, although I am already at the foothills of Chomolungma with George Mallory. For the next course in this literary feast, I have my eyes set on a beautiful edition of 'Thereby Hangs a Tale' on display at my regular book store here in Dubai.
I feel miserable at having missed the opportunity to meet you when you visited the city last year. I do sincerely hope that you visit Dubai again.
Sincerely,
Vinod

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home