Header
Header
Header
 


12 May 2010

Britain's Bestseller

So at last it's all over. Or is it? We have a Prime Minister and a Deputy Prime Minister, even if we don't have a Leader of the Opposition. If what had happened during the past few weeks was in a novel, we would be at about chapter 3 by now, and like any damn good story, Heaven knows how it's going to end. But the scribblers of Fleet Street will be very happy, as they will be guaranteed copy day after day after day. And I can tell you, not one of them will be able to predict the ending - which should always be the case with a good novel.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remembered reading first among Equals when the elections were on...all hail the lord...

Your Ardent Fan,
Juggernaut

6:59 PM  
Blogger essel1 said...

Dear Lord Archer
I have read your books many hundreds of times over the last 20 years since I picked up "Not a penny more, not a penny less" but as I was re-reading First among Equals, I couldnt help thinking of the present UK elections where you also ended with a hung parliament and ending up the with the Liberals having a final say who becomes the Prime Minister (British version of the above book)...As a run up to the 2010 elections It was an excellent read.
Still waiting for your new book to hit the stores in Pakistan, or I will pick it up on my next visit to the UK in July. Kind regards
Sachal Lakhwani (essel1@yahoo.com)

10:49 PM  
Blogger krishnamoorthy said...

I call this the "reversal of the raj"
The coalition govt which is so very common in India has now arrived for you :)
In India MPs are traded for a few billions and few months into the formation of the govt these guys unscrupulously withdraw their support

7:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mr.Archer, today i completed reading the latest arrival and i must say the last story was mindblowing. I'm all set to grab your next release.Take care.

-KJ

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must be one nervous man with England playing the T20 finals...I read u prefer watching Dravid And Sachin batting out the days in tests...but England in the finals...I'm sure you are keeping a tab on the match if not watching it live......

5:36 PM  
Blogger thomascywatt said...

Thanks Mr Archer for your persistent efforts for writing wonderful novels!!

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home