Header
Header
Header
 


26 April 2010

Weekend round-up

I arrived back in England last Thursday in time to watch the second political debate on TV, then spent the weekend in Cambridge. I spoke to the students at the Cambridge Union on Friday evening, and during the Q&A - most of the questions were about politics - I asked all those who hadn't yet decided how they will vote on May 6th to raise their hands - and was surprised to see this was at least 50%. I spent an enjoyable Saturday afternoon watching my local rugby team, CRUFC, beat Redruth 15-10, and then Mary and I saw The Secret of Sherlock Holmes at Cambridge Arts Theatre in the evening.

On arriving back in London, I received an email from my publishers saying, good news, WHSmith has chosen And Thereby Hangs a Tale as Book of the Week from 13th to the 20th May. The purpose of letting you know this is because I've been saying for some time that the publication date is May 21st, so it will now be possible to get the book the week before, and I suspect other bookshops will not wait until official publication date.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Mr.Archer,
Congradulations sir.Its not surprising.Afterall you are the best! :)
I'm even more enthused to read the book! I prefer reading your books rather than my huge(heavier than me) study material! lol . But not to worry. I balance both. :)

-KJ :)

7:06 PM  
Blogger Vikram Lakhotia said...

It was great meeting you yesterday @ High Street Phoenix. One of your silent fans & admire your work. :)

9:45 AM  
Blogger patrioticindian said...

Dear Mr. Archer,
The current British elections is exactly based on your story 'First Among Equals.' Its great to see such a competitive election based on real issues.I continue to be amazed by your brilliant works. Please continue writing such great books.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Lisa J Donaldson said...

Thrilled to get my copy today from WHSmiths ahead of next week! Have only a few stories left - a guilty pleasure I should only read one story per day they are such a treat. I wish I could write like you. Have only just started but am loving it. Love all your books and thank goodness I could get hold of your plays through the print to order system online. Was going mad trying to get hold of them! Thanks for your wonderful writing. Lisa x

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home