Header
Header
Header
 


26 April 2010

Flying visit to Mumbai

With permission of Eyjafjallajokull, I will be travelling to Mumbai on May 1st, in order to open the new flagship Landmark bookstore on Tuesday May 4th. Macmillan will be publishing And Thereby Hangs a Tale in India from Monday 3rd. In this collection of short stories there is one set in Delhi - the story of Nisha and Jamwal - which I think is going to cause considerable interest on the sub-continent, not least because the true story is an obvious candidate for a Bollywood film. I do hope many of you will be able to come and see me.

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeffery,

If you would have come to Banaglore so sure will visit the place to meet U..hope u wud come sometime to Banaglore :)

8:40 AM  
Blogger Aakash's Blog said...

Hi will you be coming to Pune too?
what about visiting CROSSWORD Bookstore?

11:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, jeffey I couldnt meet you earlier in 2008 and 2009 during your visit to Mumbai. I hope to get lucky this time. Kindly post the address for the new landmark. Your new book will be published on 3rd in India. So would it be available on the 4th in the new store? Looking forward to see you.

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are very popular in India arent you Lord A? So am I as it happens...

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And we in America would not get a glimpse of this new collection of short stories until mid September! Unfair!

2:11 AM  
Blogger shailysahay said...

Hi Jeffery I met you when you'd come to Pune last year right after Paths of Glory got published. Where is this Landmark in Mumbai? It'll be nice to meet you again.

3:54 AM  
Anonymous Rajesh Kumar said...

Jeffrey, Quite a shame you are not coming to Chennai this time. I am angry with myself for not having missed you last time you came here.

6:21 AM  
Blogger rk said...

sir, how long will you be here in india?

2:24 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

I'm afraid it's a very short visit this time, and I'll only be in Mumbai for 3 days - Sunday to Tuesday 4th. I open the new Landmark book-store at 7pm on Tuesday evening at Lower level Palladium, High Street Phoenix, Lower Parel.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sir
The short story based on Delhi isn't good enough if you don't visit Delhi.
So will visiting Delhi??

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sir,

Are you coming to Delhi in this visit. Please post an update for the same.

Regards

Anshul Arora

7:34 AM  
Blogger Narayan said...

totally unfair. you have been to Mumbai (now thrice)...but never to Kerala....very, very sad. I strongly register my protest.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Sameer said...

I can't come because, the trains are not running because of strike. Damn.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Lord Archer,

It was disheartening because I couldn't visit u, because of the motormen strike that ended today. Hope you found India as hospitable as u always find (or maybe even more)

Next time I HOPE we meet...till then...your ardent fan...

Juggernaut!!!!!

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish you had more events lined up, since I missed you today.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lord Archer,
I missed out on your visit yesterday at landmark,can you please let me know about your schedule in Mumbai.I am dying to meet you personally.
- Sandeep

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeffry

You sure have got guts to say 20:20 is rubbish and test cricket is the real game.Hats off sir you are a true blue englishman.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mr.Archer,
Today is my birthday and I got the new book 'And Thereby Hangs A Tale' today as a birthday present from my friends. Its awesome. I've already started reading it and is halfway through.Hope u had a memorable time in India.Take care.

-KJ

7:09 PM  
Blogger BE POSITIVE said...

Hi Jeffrey,
I feel sad for my frineds in Kerala, India, who can't follow your books in English. I would like to translate your works into Malayalam. Can we do somthing about it?

10:10 AM  
Blogger kolahala said...

Hi Jeffrey

Purchased the book " And thereby hangs a tale " today and finished one story. Enjoyed it.
A small mistake I found in the story" blind date". When the lady character orders a lemon tea, charlie, the waiter, brings the tea along with milk. Does one take a lemon tea with milk????

2:56 PM  
Anonymous i-subhangi said...

hello sir,.. an indian national daily reported that you'll be coming to delhi too?? are y'? if yes- please do tell us... i'll be the first person to meet you there.. more than happy !! my friends too are dying to meet you..
thanks !

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeff!
wish u a belated happy birthday with all my best wishes.
which will be the next novel you are going to write?

1:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

lord jeffery thank you very much for coming to mumbai. Your visit, thought and words were very inspiring and motivating. I have put your pics on my orkut profile as well. i hope to meet you again when you visit india.

once again thank you sir

your fan
Avdhesh Shukla

10:22 PM  
Blogger Sameena said...

Hi Jeff,

Read "And Thereby Hangs A Tail"...

Simply put, the book is "un-put-down-able" :)

Really enjoyed it! Loved "The Queen's Birthday Telegram".. It's the best.. :D

Regards,
Sameena (India)

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home