I've just finished a 30 day writing stint at my home in Majorca, and had planned everything so that I could catch the plane back to London on Tuesday, which usually takes, door to door, 4-5 hours. But unfortunately, along with hundreds of thousands of others, I've had to rearrange my life because of a volcano in Iceland. I get up tomorrow morning at 5am, drive to the ferry port, ferry to Barcelona, and a train from there to Bilbao. There are no available ferries until Wednesday, so I have to spend the day in Bilbao, although this is no great sacrifice as the city has three amazing galleries and lovely restaurants. The following day I take the overnight ferry which will get me to Portsmouth late Thursday afternoon, from where I will take a train to Waterloo and hopefully get back just in time for the second political debate at 8pm.
The first debate was a revelation. I read with interest in the press that the Prime Minister and Mr Cameron will come fighting back. My own experience of my running days was that if you were beaten by someone you hadn't noticed before, they're quite likely to beat you again the following week. But it will be fascinating to see if the Prime Minister or David Cameron are able to get to grips with Mr Clegg and even knock him out. All of us will know on Friday morning.
I have also sent in the edited proofs of And Thereby Hangs a Tale, for publication on May 21st.
Can I end by thanking so many of you for writing to wish me a happy birthday on my 70th last week. I was only surprised by the number of good wishes I received, as I'd tried very hard to keep it a secret.
The first debate was a revelation. I read with interest in the press that the Prime Minister and Mr Cameron will come fighting back. My own experience of my running days was that if you were beaten by someone you hadn't noticed before, they're quite likely to beat you again the following week. But it will be fascinating to see if the Prime Minister or David Cameron are able to get to grips with Mr Clegg and even knock him out. All of us will know on Friday morning.
I have also sent in the edited proofs of And Thereby Hangs a Tale, for publication on May 21st.
Can I end by thanking so many of you for writing to wish me a happy birthday on my 70th last week. I was only surprised by the number of good wishes I received, as I'd tried very hard to keep it a secret.



14 Comments:
It's times like this, we really have to stop and smell the roses/visit the galleries and rediscover many things we have sped pass in a hurry. HappY BelateD BirthDaY.
70 already...gr8 news...u still owe us one big epic novel (another kane and abel or not a penny more kind of novel)....anxiously waiting...
Wish you a Happy Belated Birthday. Mohan
Hello Jeffrey,
Trust you enjoyed your journey home.
Look forward to reading another of your short story publications.
Very much enjoy reading your blog.
Cheers
James (NZ)
Mr Archer, i'm very much looking forward to your new release. I missed the chance of meeting you last time since i was having my exams. Sir if i may ask, when will you be coming to India again?
-KJ
Dear Sir,
Happy Belated Birthday.
Just pre-ordered And Thereby Hangs A Tale online as Australian bookstores will only sell the book in September. Looking forward to reading it and hope to hear more about your new books (The Clifton Chronicles?).
Cheers
Yeo,
Australia
Dear Mr, Archer,
A belated happy birthday. One more year for me to attain 70. Wonder what it will feel like. Hope to follow in your footsteps, so that I can enjoy for many more year your fabulous books you will be publishing.
I have finally read your prison diaries. Now I can return from my library back to my family, after three days of absence, wondering what I had been up to.
Look forward to your next publication.
Oops i almost forgot. Happy Belated Birthdaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!
yipppeeeeyy!!!
-KJ
dude your awesome!! big faan!:D
oh my god!!!my favourite author actually went through my blog!! this is like the best birthday gift ever!!Sir, im deeply honoured!
oh and a belated happy birthday.....
p.s. may i please be forgiven for calling you "dude"?.... :D
Happy Belated Birthday dear sir, you are our favourite author of all time and we just can't wait to read your new book!
Much love and warm regards from
Lalitha Rao
Muscat Oman.
Can u release some of the old rejected manuscripts of kane and abel? I'd like to read them....please please please...that is if u still have them......please please...
Daer Mr. Archer.
Can I begin by saying that I am truly in awe of your books. Your books have literally inspired and guided me in several phases of my Life. I understand that what you write is fiction, but the details are so fascinating that you tend to forget that Charlie Trumper or Adam Scott or Romanov do not exist in real life. I have taken much inspiration from the Life of Charlie Trumper and following the same principles in LIfe, made a small fortune for myself.
I always await your next book and cannot wait to get a copy of "And Thereby Hangs a Tale" .
Your Books have been my best friends and I have read all of them. I have only one request of you. Please write and release your books a bit faster. I just cannot wait for so long to read your next book.
Post a Comment
<< Home