Last night I went to the Almeida Theatre to see their critically acclaimed production of Measure for Measure, and indeed it was a wonderful evening of entertainment. Michael Attenborough's production fizzed from beginning to end, even if the plot creaks a little, with titters of laughter from a young audience. It doesn't stop the verse being quite wonderful. At the end is the dilemma of Isabella falling in love with the Duke after he's behaved in such a strange way, and I thought Mr Attenborough's direction of the final scene original and cunning.



2 Comments:
Hello Sir!
Just finished reading "AS THE CROW FLIES". I want to ask you that you did you repeat the story so many times in the beginning, stating every one's point of view? I felt as if the first half of the book was simply monotonous stating the same thing again and again without giving out any new piece of information! The second half was definitly gripping and magnetic. I hope you dont mind about my conclusion on that book, i am after all just a fan of yours.
All the best sir and my good wishes are with you :)
NATASHA (23YRS,INDIA)
Hello Sir!
Just finished reading "THE PRODIGAL DAUGHTER". Sir, you have the guts to pronounce Richard dead when we so desperately want him to be alive. Unlike almost all the other writers who somehow magically gives rebirth to its chacarter by saving him even if ten bullets are through him, you have the practicality to pronounce him dead!! You know what, when i read your books, i keeping getting pleasant shocks throughout your plot! Thanks for that wonderful experience!
All the best sir and my good wishes are with you.
NATASHA (23YRS, INDIA)
Post a Comment
<< Home