I had a post yesterday from an Indian reader, asking how I felt about Sachin Tendulkar's latest magnificent achievement. I wasn't sure what they were referring to, so I rushed downstairs, switched on the television to learn that he is the first cricketer in history to score 200 in a One Day International. There's not much left for this man to achieve. At the age of 36, he will clearly have his eye on 50 Test centuries (47 at the moment), having scored 4 in the last 4 matches, and fifty ODI centuries (his current total is 46). Will he end up like W G Grace and still be playing for his country as he edges towards fifty? Because the toughest decision he will have to make will be when to retire.



7 Comments:
46 ODI hundreds
47 Test hundreds
93 Total
He is likely to reach 50 Test hundreds and 100 hundreds in both versions of the game together!
krishnamoorthy - many thanks for the correction.
I think he is waiting for his one last chance to win the world cup for India. I hope God helps him this time, otherwise he will wait it out for 4 more years!!
as an indian,,,,i feel proud of Sachin,,,,,,,,,,,he really made us proud
Hello sir, i have just completed reading your novel "kane & Abel". The story was absolutely terrific. I especially liked your english.
Nikhil, praising Mr. Archer's english would be like praising Sahin's batting. Come on, Mr. Archer is the best contemporary English author, at least IMHO.
Happy we have Sachin :)
Post a Comment
<< Home