Header
Header
Header
 


01 December 2009

Essential works...

I have in the past, done auctions for cancer research, for childrens' hospitals, even for Save the Blue Iguana, but yesterday was a first, even for Chris and myself. We did an auction at Vintner's Hall to raise money for a lavatory.... a new lavatory at Westminster Cathedral. And we raised £14,000 towards that wonderful cause! The Archbishop of Westminster, The Most Rev Vincent Nichols appeared to be delighted with the result, and one of the guests paid £1,000 for a signed Liverpool shirt with the word 'Nichols 11' on the back, and presented it to the Archbishop for his birthday today. I would have thought the poor man had enough problems without being a Liverpool supporter.

3 Comments:

Blogger barend1977 said...

Well done Jeff!!

I've just started reading Kane & Abel for the 1ste time.Fantastic read!
Not a Penny more ,not a penny less was the 1st work I read from you before Kane & Abel.

Now I'm hooked!

Kind regards
Barend van Staden

Cape Town
South Africa

10:58 AM  
Anonymous David said...

Hello Jeffrey

That was a fantastic result for your Make-A-Wish auction...I am sure it is all down to the skill of the auctioneer!

I was wondering though which has been your best auction in terms of money raised and what has been your best result on an individual item?

I hope you and your family have a very happy Christmas and all the best for 2010.

Myself, I am looking forward to reading 15 short stories.

Kind regards
David

8:30 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

David - I think my best item was a few years ago when every member of the World Cup winning Rugby team signed the roof of a mini, which fetched £92,000. This year, it was a trip for 4 to Atlanta to watch the Masters which raised £40,000.

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home