Header
Header
Header
 


03 November 2009

Finding work

I did an auction at the Waldorf last night, for Training for Life, and the highlight of the evening was an excellent meal cooked by that master chef, Anton Edelman. The charity's aim is to get people back to work who have been facing long-term unemployment, and sadly 20% of them are former soldiers who have served in Iraq or Afghanistan. The auction raised £24,100, and the most popular item was two debenture seats for the women's final at Wimbledon next year, which went for £6,000. The President of the charity, Lord Bilimoria, made a moving speech, and as I noticed his table was filled with the top people from BASS. I think we can assume the slight hiccup he had last year is well behind him. I hope so, because he's one of those people who gets up each morning trying to advance the world one iota, rather than one who finds more pleasure in going in the opposite direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home