On Saturday I watched CRUFC beat Blackheath 68-14, and it was quite the best performance they've produced this season. If they go on playing like this, they must be a serious contender for the title, and a chance of promotion to Division 1. Mind you, Esher continue to win every match they play, so they'e clearly going to be our biggest rivals. Things are changing fast at Cambridge Rugby Club. For the first time ever, we had cheerleaders with their pompoms in Cambridge colours, so we're clearly heading the way of American football, but if it adds to the number of people who attend, it can only be a good thing.
In the evening, Mary and I went to the Arts Theatre to see My Fair Lady, an in-house production which was quite outstanding, and I was surprised when the producer told me afterwards that not only was it running for just a week, but he'd only made a profit of £2,000 on the show. I think he could have run it for two weeks - but then of course the theatre is booked up a year ahead - and I definitely think it was good enough to have gone on tour. A most enjoyable evening.
I had to dash back to London on Sunday morning to do the Andrew Pierce show on LBC, the first of a series of interviews I'm doing for the 30th anniversary edition of Kane and Abel, which is published on Friday. Andrew had just returned from the Conservative Party conference, and told me that tomorrow's papers would be devoted to members' expenses, and the problems that's going to cause, and he added, "Beware Jeffrey, the House of Lords is going to be investigated next." But as I've never made an expenses claim during the past 17 years as a Member of the Lords I was able to give him a shy grin, but it will be interesting to see which of my colleagues has been buying duck houses. I'm appearing on "This Morning" at 11.30am today, before going on to speak at a Rotary Club event at lunchtime. I'll brief you on both tomorrow.
In the evening, Mary and I went to the Arts Theatre to see My Fair Lady, an in-house production which was quite outstanding, and I was surprised when the producer told me afterwards that not only was it running for just a week, but he'd only made a profit of £2,000 on the show. I think he could have run it for two weeks - but then of course the theatre is booked up a year ahead - and I definitely think it was good enough to have gone on tour. A most enjoyable evening.
I had to dash back to London on Sunday morning to do the Andrew Pierce show on LBC, the first of a series of interviews I'm doing for the 30th anniversary edition of Kane and Abel, which is published on Friday. Andrew had just returned from the Conservative Party conference, and told me that tomorrow's papers would be devoted to members' expenses, and the problems that's going to cause, and he added, "Beware Jeffrey, the House of Lords is going to be investigated next." But as I've never made an expenses claim during the past 17 years as a Member of the Lords I was able to give him a shy grin, but it will be interesting to see which of my colleagues has been buying duck houses. I'm appearing on "This Morning" at 11.30am today, before going on to speak at a Rotary Club event at lunchtime. I'll brief you on both tomorrow.



6 Comments:
Dear Mr Archer,
It is nothing to do with the event that you wrote but I just want to tell you that I tend to admire you when I have finished reading your novel The Prisoner Of Birth. I was intrigue and later I bought another 3 of your novels that I intend to complete within a month. I have the intention to be a writer as well but just not sure where to take off......anyway it is nice if we can be friends. O yeah....by profession I am an engineer and I really miss Uk so much. Thanks. Hope to get a reply from you.
best regards
masnoor
will the 30th yr. edition be avialble in India?
rahul - yes, the new paperback should already be available in Indian bookshops. But I'm afraid the limited edition hardback is only published in the UK. It can however, be ordered from amazon.co.uk or waterstones.com
Hi Jeffrey,
I spoke to my friend, who is a big fan of you as well, last Friday. After work. About this new version of Kane and Abel. He wondered if there are some additional characters and chapters. He reminded me of my own experience.
It's seven, eight years ago. I was reading First Among Equal. One day i forgot to bring the book with me to school, so I went to the library to continue my enjoyment in the story. Then i found that i couldn't follow. It was differnt from what i was reading at home. There's a new character Andrew.
The man who loves Everton - thanks for your post. In the revised 'Kane and Abel' there are new chapters, but no new characters or plot changes.
Have avoided reading Jeffery Archer as thought books would be snobbish!!! Have just read Prisoner of Birth and could not put book down. Must say BEST READ I HAVE HAD IN YEARS. Cannot wait to get into the next book. Twists and turns the whole way through. Well done J.A. Best wishes Joan Smith
Post a Comment
<< Home