Header
Header
Header
 


06 October 2009

Entrepreneurial spirit

I spoke to a group of 200 young entrepreneurs at Rachel Elnaugh's Wealth Wizards conference yesterday at the British Library Conference Centre. Among those in the audience was one man who is aiming to bring the Lambretta scooter back onto the market. When I was a child, Lambretta and Vespa were the sixties mode of transport, and I must confess, having had a sneak preview of what the new model looks like, I suspect it will receive a warm welcome. The enthusiasm and energy of those participating in this conference was clear for all to see, and whichever party gets into power, they'll have to realise it's the risk-takers, the entrepreneurs, the people who are willing to employ others who keep the country moving, not over-paid civil servants. I looked down into that audience and realised that only two or three would really make it, and perhaps another dozen would do well, whereas many of them in the real world would stare bankruptcy in the face. But that's what divides those who are willing to step out onto the battlefield, and those who are happy to view life from a distance.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Elnaugh said...

Jeffrey

You were absolutely brilliant and I cannot thank you enough for speaking at the event. The feedback was overwhelmingly positive and you won the hearts and minds of the entire audience. You are an inspiration.

Regards


Rachel

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Lindsay Rutland-Dix said...

Your words have had such an impact - 'use of time is VITAL' - after years of knowing that I finally made the connection between what a difference the simple use of delegation, a good personal assistant and having the right attitude can make!

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home