It feels strange to describe today as publication day, when it marks the 83rd re-print of Kane and Abel, thirty years after it was first published in 1979. But nevertheless, the re-written and re-crafted edition is out in the shops today. The advance sales are higher than I'd expected, and in fact they've already printed the 84th edition and my publishers tell me the 85th is in the works.
Meanwhile, I'm off to Cognac today, as A Prisoner of Birth has been shortlisted (final 10) for the Prix Polar International - for the best international thriller of the year. I shouldn't think there's much hope of winning it, but it's a glorious excuse to spend a weekend in France as a guest of my French publishers. Will brief you all on Monday morning.
Meanwhile, I'm off to Cognac today, as A Prisoner of Birth has been shortlisted (final 10) for the Prix Polar International - for the best international thriller of the year. I shouldn't think there's much hope of winning it, but it's a glorious excuse to spend a weekend in France as a guest of my French publishers. Will brief you all on Monday morning.



10 Comments:
All good news for you - well done! I shall be in France meself!
Good luck with "A Prisoner of Birth"...I love this story and have passed that love on to a number of my family members who are also avid readers. We all say "Prisoner" is a 'two thumbs up' winner!
Have a wonderful weekend in France...
I have what is quite possibly a 30 year old copy of "Kane and Abel" [judging by the look of it anyway...it looks well loved!]. Really need a new copy to re-read so will look out for the re-crafted edition in the shops next week.
Good luck, I think The Prisoner of Birth is your best book yet. Cannot wait for Kane & Abel on audio book, but no luck finding it in the shops or Itunes.
Andrew
Good luck, I think A Prisoner of Birth is your best book to date. I cannot wait to find Kane & Abel on Itunes or on CD (no luck yet)
Andrew
Sir,I was not a vivid reader until I grabbed your kane and abel last week.To be honest your book has introduced me to the world of reading.Im reading the latter half of the book presently and to sum it up in one word it is unputdownable.Hope you would give us many more books.
And sir,When would you be coming to India?
Excellent interview from Philip and Holly on This Morning. Your view on expenses was interesting and about how you have recrafted Kane and Abel.
Also interesting that your comments about the group of young people with blackberry's etc was mentioned.
Many thanks for all your comments, which are much appreciated.
krishnateja - I will be in India again on 8/9 November - but only for a very short visit to Hyderabad I'm afraid. Full details will be posted on my website in the next few days.
Andrew Sheldon - the new 'Kane and Abel' will be released on audio soon - although I don't yet have the date for this - but as a download only. Jeffrey's PA.
I did that trick William Kane's son did with the gloves in the shop; 20 years on, we're still happily hitched..............
Post a Comment
<< Home