Today sees the publication of Paths of Glory in paperback, so once again, like any author, I'm biting my nails wondering how the public will respond, especially after the unusually generous reviews of the hardback and the fact that it topped the bestsellers list. It's been quite a week for publishing, with Dan Brown bringing out his latest book in hardback and William Shawcross publishing his authorised biography of the Queen Mother. In fact Mr Shawcross and I will be speaking at the Daily Mail Literary Lunch on 29 September at the Royal Lancaster Hotel, so I hope to catch up with a few of you then.



7 Comments:
Wonderful book!!!
Thank you very much for those hours I spent reading it!
A real book indeed.
It is true and when I close my eyes I could visualize it.
A realy good read,I now have my doubts about our Sir Ed being the first on top of the wolrd.
Regards Dave.
your silence on "bad money" by louise patten must be interpreted as not worth mentioning about, or are you still reading the same?
i would also like to know what you felt about "the lost symbol"
i felt cheated
a great let down
I have just finished the book and i am in awe of what was written. I loved the story but also the fact it may be true. Can you tell me if the letters to Ruth were fictional or are in archives? Also how did you discover your research and what is the evidence you used for it and the book? I thought it was a brilliant literary ploy how you used the ending of your book the last words of George's grandson brought tears to my eyes!How moving and poignant...he must of believed in his grandfather. I love all your books and have all of them this was totally different from anything written before although your litarary style is the same familar comforting read as usual! thankyou for making my day x
It is an excellent read and one i will be reluctant to finish. Have long been fascinated by Mallory & Irvine's climb so this book is perfect. Thnak you.
Paths of Glory:
Thank you Mr. Archer for giving everyone who is lucky enough to have read your book a gift. It was clever of you to start the book with the ending/outcome, and then work toward that. I could hardly put the book down and when I did reach the end, I had a good cry, and I bet I wasn't the only one. This book has left me with a thirst to experience more in my life.
Post a Comment
<< Home