Header
Header
Header
 


30 September 2009

Opposing views

Breakfast at Tiffany's opened at the Theatre Royal Haymarket last night, and I must confess that when I arrived, having done my speech at the Daily Mail literary lunch, had a meeting in my office, caught up with correspondence and done a two hour writing session, I was pretty tired by the time I arrived at the theatre. I fell asleep during the first half, and indeed when I awoke I found my guest, seated next to me, was also asleep. I was amazed to read Charles Spencer's four star review in today's Telegraph. I am an admirer of Mr Spencer, and indeed rely on him to help me select which shows I should go and see, but I'm bound to say on this occasion, he's either in love with Anna Friel or he was feeling in a more than usually generous mood. I shall be fascinated to read the other reviews and see if they agree with me, or the redoubtable Mr Spencer. Tonight I go to see Enron, which Mr Spencer assured us would be the hit of the season, so I will report back tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Archer, I am an admirer.

I am interested in what you think of Enron

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, i just recently got started on reading your books, and have been avidly looking for more titles by you that i have not read. Thanks for many wonderful afternoons of reading.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home