Header
Header
Header
 


28 July 2009

Summer work

On Monday I began work on my new set of short stories entitled And Thereby Hangs a Tale, to be published next Spring. I won't be blogging regularly over the next month as all my focus is on the book - except for those breaks when I'll be checking in on the Test cricket, of course. But in the meantime, I hope you enjoy your summer holidays.


Paths of Glory out in paperback on September 15th
New 30th Anniversary edition of Kane and Abel out on October 15th .

29 Comments:

Anonymous J. Sidbeck said...

I shall be waiting hungerly for the new book in Sept. I had read False Impressions awhile ago and today I just finished reading "A Prisoner of Birth". That is one of the most satisflying reads this year. I only wish I could have met Danny, and many of the other cast members of this wonderful novel!
Thank you.
J.Sidbeck Queen Creek, AZ

11:36 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

I will eagerly await the new book, I have loved all the previous short stories. In the meantime I will now also wait for the 30th Anniversary edition of Kane and Abel...have been wanting to read it again for some time now and I'm guessing it will be available here in Australia?

Diane

6:25 AM  
Blogger Charlie said...

Jeffrey

I wish you and your "Muse" a highly productive and enjoyable time.

Incidentally, you'll doubtless be comforted by the fact you've sold at least one copy of the revised Kane and Abel. I've just pre-ordered a paperback copy from Amazon.

Good to have something to look forward to...

12:34 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

One thing we don't yet have in Australia is an Amazon store...desperation for some books [and a number of them Jeffrey Archer books]has driven me to Amazon in the US, but the freight is a real killer...but it is one way to get the books I want.

Diane

2:22 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

Diane - The new Kane & Abel should come out in Australia at the same time - but I'll do an up-date on the website a little nearer the date. Regards, Jeffrey's PA.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Thank you so much...I will be watching.

Diane

8:39 PM  
Blogger enRenRum-anbudan.BALA said...

All the very best for your new book and as always, we know it will be a great read, written with your unique narrative style that makes many of us "compulsive" readers of your books !

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Jerome said...

I just can't wait for it... also waiting for 'Paths of Glory' in Sri Lanka

Good going Jeffrey!

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeffrey...
And Thereby Hangs a Tale....what an amazing title...but the worst part of it is the waiting...till next spring...i suppose a reading your work again will help...

3:02 PM  
Blogger ஷங்கரலிங்கம் said...

Great!

expecting some snippets online.

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeffery, with so many short stories published to date this must be a real challenge for you to come up with fresh ideas. I shall wait with eager anticipation the chance to read more of your mini masterpieces. Thanks for the excellent works to date and heres hoping theres still lots to come in the future. Pedre McBride.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Narayan said...

....and thereby hangs a tale....
...and thereby we await with baited breath....

5:02 AM  
Blogger Does it matter?? said...

Jeffrey

I am eagerly waiting for your next tome.Currently I am reading 'Prisoner of Birth' since morning, as third day Ashes test has been washed away due to rain.

Anyway all the best for your next book.

Regards,
Abhishek

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The short story is the hardest literary vehicle of the them all, and you are by- far the best storyteller I've read who does them.

I'd love a short story with a contemporary flavour about two brave British conscripts dealing with the rebels & villagers of Afghanistan, only for the pay-off that they're actually fighting for the British Army in the late 19th Century; that said; nobody wants to read about war, and even for you, this could be a too-great a challenge.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Diane said...

Malcolm Turnbull, our current Leader of the Opposition, was the focus of "Australian Story" last evening on ABC television. At the beginning of programme, Malcolm was heard to say "Jeffrey Archer would love this"...and to be honest, what the Government - both parties - are embroiled in at present could well have been from the pen of Mr Archer. It is all very intriguing. Actually, last night's programme was even entitled "Paths of Glory". Perhaps Mr Turnbull is a fan too!

Diane

6:02 AM  
Blogger ekta khetan said...

Hi

I would love to read all the hanging tales. can't wait to see them coming.

All the best.

Ekta Khetan from India

10:42 AM  
Blogger Black and White said...

Hi Sir,

Please let us know whether whether the 30th Anniversary Edition of Kane and Abel would be out in India on October 15th as well..

Regards,
Arindam

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take care and good luck!!

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Aquil Zaman said...

Sir
I was really dissapointed of not able to see you in real time when you were in Gurgaon.Actually, I wasn't aware of it. Well, your short stories are superb and out-of-the-world.Really!So when are you planning to visit India again? There are many transport ministries here. for sure!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Ash said...

I just finished reading "paths of glory" its absolutely brilliant! I really hope that oen day we'll hear Mallory did go right to the top!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can't wait for your new book... all the best!

Regards,
Ruchi
India

5:57 AM  
Blogger Natasha said...

Great, great, great!!!!!
Best regards from Poland!

Natasha Pavluchenko.

2:03 PM  
Anonymous magz said...

I just wish the 30th anniversary edition of Kane and Abel will be released here in the Philippines on October 15 as well. Kane and Abel is the first Jeffrey Archer book I've read, and because of that I got hooked. As of this writing, I only need to have 3 books to complete my collection.

Anyway, I'll just patiently wait for it, together with the new book. And I really wish Jeffrey will have time to visit the Philippines. His Filipino fans will be delighted. A copy of Kane and Abel signed by Jeffrey is something that I fervently wish to happen before I die.

4:41 AM  
Anonymous Steve said...

False Impression was the first novel of yours I've ever read and I loved it. It was one of those rare novels where several things didn't have to be spelled out in order to understand what happenned. All the clues were there although the clues about Tina, by necessity had to be revealed at the end. The only thing that might have made it a bit easier for the'big' clue with the photo, would have been to make some kind of reference was the angle the picture was taken at. With so many clues dashing around over the two weeks in the story, it would have made it a bit clearer at the end. Except as a fantastic writer (yourself) knows , it's still wise not to reveal everything. It was an excellent novel, thanks for putting it all together in just over 500 pages.

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

I`ve just read the "Not a penny more..." new edition. That was surely one of the best books `ve read. Good luck with your future work!

Mark,
Warsaw/Poland

Btw. Come and visit our nice country one day:)

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Natalie, Glasgow said...

I am in the middle of Prisoner of Birth and am loving every page. I had bought it a while ago but it was a signed copy and I didnt want to open it and spoil it! Cannot wait for the next book! Will make sure I get 2 copies

3:41 PM  
Blogger Tinkerbell said...

Just can't wait to read your new short stories!! I love them, in particular the clever twist in each tale - that also brings a lesson to the reader ! great!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have loved every single book you have written and I shall look forward in eager anticipation to the next.

2:46 PM  
Blogger iml said...

Thought you might like to know what I thought of the book.
http://popcornpopping.blogspot.com/

4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home