Header
Header
Header
 


16 June 2009

England Out

I postponed going to see Tom Stoppard's Arcadia at the Duke of York's Theatre last night, in order to watch cricket from the Oval. On Sunday, England beat India by 3 runs; yesterday we lost to the West Indies by 3 balls. And frankly the West Indians proved to be the better side, despite having to rely on the ghastly but fair Duckworth-Lewis formula. I remain convinced that South Africa will win although I have little interest in Twenty20 now that England have departed. I look forward to seeing Arcadia on Wednesday, and will report on which was the better entertainment.

7 Comments:

Blogger Vera said...

Hi, Jeffery
Thank you for your help the other day. Here's another question:what do you mean by 'the meek rarely inherit the earth'?

http://translating-puzzles.blogspot.com/

Vera

9:56 AM  
Blogger krishnamoorthy said...

dear mr archer
even if england were to remain in contention a purist like you watching t20 amounts to blasphemy
as far as the prediction goes
try to beat this
sri lanka vs south africa in finals with sri lanka winning it

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeffrey, I thank the technology, not for anything else other than the chance we have to talk to our favorite author.

I am an Indian and have no interest in cricket. However, the very thought which, came to my mind was Jeffrey Archer would be happy.

My next question is do you visit your friends at Belmarsh, Wayland and NSC as you had mentioned in you diaries?

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeffrey,

Please let us know, why your favourite book is 'As the crow flies' and not 'Kane and Abel'?

Admirer.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Charlie said...

Jeffrey

Come-on...

This apparent negativity about a recently developed segment of a major sport is unlike you!

And, cricket, like all other sports should surely develop..?

Twenty20, why not? Test Match it isn't. But interest and fun? To me (and, I suspect, many others), yes...

The more people who watch the variety of matches and develop an interest is surely, only for the better?

Duckworth-Lewis? Frankly I struggle with it. And, struggle hard! Actually, very hard!

I think you're right, now backing South Africa.

However, despite England's departure, my interest will be sustained...

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Q80 BOY said...

Hey Sir,

You write the most amazing books i have ever read ... keep up the good work.

Any chance you will be visiting your fans in Kuwait?

Thanks :)

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Junaid Guru said...

Wohoo!!!

Pakistan won Sir...

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home