I thought you might like to see a few photographs from the first leg of my book tour in Chennai.
The one on the right, courtesy of Zia, was taken at the Landmark bookstore. The two photos below, kindly sent in by lynnmorag, were taken at my talk on Tuesday evening at the Taj Coromandel hotel. Keep them coming!
Mr. Archer you make feel even more sad by making such posts, now I am beginning to curse myself for having missed the opportunity of meeting you in person while you were here in chennai………… :(
My favorite novel is As The Crow Flies. I have an idea that you should write a sequel to it just like The Prodigal Daughter. It can be a story related to CATHY.
Sir Archer, I think that next time you should also visit an educational institution so that more number people,especially students get the honour of meeting you
Jeffrey, I was unable to meet you in Chennai, there was this wedding I had to be at and though I like weddings, I couldn't help but wish I was at Landmark having my book signed by you! Please tell me you will come here to Chennai again...
I think it's really cool that you have a blog. I loved 'Not a Penny more, Not a Penny Less', it was hilariously entertaining. What kind of books do you read and who do you think are your favourite authors? Have a nice time in the other places that you are visiting. Take care, -Kavitha Karen Xavier
*fuming* Why don't I happen to be in any of those pics?!?! Unfair...and I kept calling out...u never asked the volunteer to pass the mic!Next time...I'm reserving now..on Jeffrey's official blog...that I should be permitted to ask the first question at Chennai! BTW,The incident with Dravid and Kumble had been narrated during your earlier visit!!!I want something interesting...!Pls!
Lord Jeffrey, I missed meeting you in Landmark - I was at work cursing myself for the missed opportunity !! - so were many of my fiends. Hope you will visit India and particularly Chennai soon.
I hope you are enjoying the tour, but if you ask me I would say that you have just chosen the wrong time to be in India, the mercury levels at this time of the year can be really scary. Anyways all I can say is guard yourself from the heat and I hope you won’t mind me asking you a question and here it is…
I believe that a creative person sees more than what other’s normally do and politicians normally spend more time on diverting peoples mind from seeing more. You are an artist, a creator, and you have been a politician too, you belong to an different ilk altogether, you have been able to play the part of a creator and politician as well with sufficient success, so I think it would be most apt to ask you this question in particular.
Politics as of now is viewed as a science, do you think it would be better if politics was viewed or approached more as an art or would it turn out to be more worse than the politics which is perceived as science (as of now) has been able to offer us.
Kavitha Karen Xavier - sorry you couldn't make it. I read a lot of different books, but my favourite authors include F Scott Fitzgerald, John Buchan, Charles Dickens, and of course R K Narayan.
Sir Archer, Just now I put down 'Paths of Glory'.After reading it throughly I would like to say only one thing to you sir,"Bravo,bravo".Also the insight you gave us during your visit to Chennai made the read even more enjoyable and truly appreaciate the efforts of 'Mallory of the Everest'.From the book I came to understand what a true gentleman and a exceptational human being he was.I wish I would inherit the courage and the compassion he had.Now I would like more than anything else to read all the other books on Mr.George Mallory.Could you suggest some books I coould start of with?
Just wondering, why is that John Grisham or Michael Chrichton novels have mostly made it in film formats, but yours haven't. Is it that you're seeking a high premium or that the plots are film-unfriendly ?
Sir, In your last visit in Pune you have mentioned that you discovered R.K Narayanan's works and you loved and you honored his brother R.K Lakshaman (cartoonist) on the same evening. This time you can try Kushwant Singh’s ( 94 year old living legend ) short stories and novels, am sure you will love it.
Thank you for posting my photo on your blog. My nephew is going to be thrilled ( the one in the yellow tshirt). In return for your kindness I can now guarantee more hits to your blog if that isn't too much of a problem to you, as I am sure my nephew would soon be sending out this link to all his contacts.
@Dinesh - who is fuming for missing an opportunity. Can you guess my own fuming/fretting - for forcing my nephew to stand in the line and me taking that photo - instead of having been kind enough to stand in the line myself?
you should have stayed some more days here in India.i am sure you have more readers here than back home in England.you should have given opportunity to men like me who reside in the countryside.reaching a city like Bangalore would consume a minimum of three days of my medical practice.i would have loved meeting you because i have been reading whatever you write in the past three decades.
i always thought you brought twists in your books so cleverly that i suddenly shed tears on some situations.for example Ms.Tredgold while returning to England enters her cabin and breaks into tears "unashamedly"as you put it.that was the best line you ever wrote!
25 Comments:
Jeffrey,
The photos really do give a flavour of the locations and proceedings; the Landmark store looks very impressive and the stage backdrop is beautiful!
Jeffrey, I wonder, do you plan to have one or more of your talks with the audience, recorded and then become downloadable from the web?
It'd be fascinating stuff I think...
Mr. Archer you make feel even more sad by making such posts, now I am beginning to curse myself for having missed the opportunity of meeting you in person while you were here in chennai………… :(
Sir,
I would like to know how your tour is going on and How many times have you come to India? Do you like the hospitality given here.
Rohan Agarwal
Sir,
My favorite novel is As The Crow Flies. I have an idea that you should write a sequel to it just like The Prodigal Daughter. It can be a story related to CATHY.
Sir Archer,
I think that next time you should also visit an educational institution so that more number people,especially students get the honour of meeting you
Jeffrey, I was unable to meet you in Chennai, there was this wedding I had to be at and though I like weddings, I couldn't help but wish I was at Landmark having my book signed by you! Please tell me you will come here to Chennai again...
I think it's really cool that you have a blog. I loved 'Not a Penny more, Not a Penny Less', it was hilariously entertaining. What kind of books do you read and who do you think are your favourite authors? Have a nice time in the other places that you are visiting.
Take care,
-Kavitha Karen Xavier
*fuming*
Why don't I happen to be in any of those pics?!?!
Unfair...and I kept calling out...u never asked the volunteer to pass the mic!Next time...I'm reserving now..on Jeffrey's official blog...that I should be permitted to ask the first question at Chennai!
BTW,The incident with Dravid and Kumble had been narrated during your earlier visit!!!I want something interesting...!Pls!
Lord Jeffrey,
I missed meeting you in Landmark - I was at work cursing myself for the missed opportunity !! - so were many of my fiends. Hope you will visit India and particularly Chennai soon.
Hi Mr Jeffrey,
I had the privilege of seeing you at Landmark,Chennai..me and my hubby were so excited to see u..
Please let me know the email id to which i can mail 2 pics of yours that i took at the event...
Sri
Dear Mr. .Archer
I hope you are enjoying the tour, but if you ask me I would say that you have just chosen the wrong time to be in India, the mercury levels at this time of the year can be really scary. Anyways all I can say is guard yourself from the heat and I hope you won’t mind me asking you a question and here it is…
I believe that a creative person sees more than what other’s normally do and politicians normally spend more time on diverting peoples mind from seeing more. You are an artist, a creator, and you have been a politician too, you belong to an different ilk altogether, you have been able to play the part of a creator and politician as well with sufficient success, so I think it would be most apt to ask you this question in particular.
Politics as of now is viewed as a science, do you think it would be better if politics was viewed or approached more as an art or would it turn out to be more worse than the politics which is perceived as science (as of now) has been able to offer us.
rohan - This is my second visit to India, and I'm enjoying it very much - despite the heat. Your countrymen couldn't be more hospitable.
vijai - that's a very good idea, and I'll keep it in mind for the next time.
Kavitha Karen Xavier - sorry you couldn't make it. I read a lot of different books, but my favourite authors include F Scott Fitzgerald, John Buchan, Charles Dickens, and of course R K Narayan.
Sri - many thanks, you can email them to me at questions@jeffreyarcher.co.uk
Jeffrey, I attended your Mumbai book launch. I look forward to a post on that.
Angshuman
Sir Archer,
Just now I put down 'Paths of Glory'.After reading it throughly I would like to say only one thing to you sir,"Bravo,bravo".Also the insight you gave us during your visit to Chennai made the read even more enjoyable and truly appreaciate the efforts of 'Mallory of the Everest'.From the book I came to understand what a true gentleman and a exceptational human being he was.I wish I would inherit the courage and the compassion he had.Now I would like more than anything else to read all the other books on Mr.George Mallory.Could you suggest some books I coould start of with?
Sir,
Thank you for considering my suggestion.And while you at it let me be the first person to invite you to my institution-SRM UNIVERSITY CHENNAI
Jeffrey,
Just wondering, why is that John Grisham or Michael Chrichton novels have mostly made it in film formats, but yours haven't. Is it that you're seeking a high premium or that the plots are film-unfriendly ?
Sir,
In your last visit in Pune you have mentioned that you discovered R.K Narayanan's works and you loved and you honored his brother R.K Lakshaman (cartoonist) on the same evening.
This time you can try Kushwant Singh’s ( 94 year old living legend ) short stories and novels, am sure you will love it.
Hello Lord Archer
Thank you for posting my photo on your blog. My nephew is going to be thrilled ( the one in the yellow tshirt).
In return for your kindness I can now guarantee more hits to your blog if that isn't too much of a problem to you, as I am sure my nephew would soon be sending out this link to all his contacts.
@Dinesh - who is fuming for missing an opportunity.
Can you guess my own fuming/fretting - for forcing my nephew to stand in the line and me taking that photo - instead of having been kind enough to stand in the line myself?
Rgds
Zia
Vijai - if you want to read more about George Mallory, I would suggest 'The Mystery of Mallory and Irvine' by Tom Holzel and Audrey Salkeld.
naveen chandra - I have no idea!
toonist - I appreciate the recommendation.
you should have stayed some more days here in India.i am sure you have more readers here than back home in England.you should have given opportunity to men like me who reside in the countryside.reaching a city like Bangalore would consume a minimum of three days of my medical practice.i would have loved meeting you because i have been reading whatever you write in the past three decades.
i always thought you brought twists in your books so cleverly that i suddenly shed tears on some situations.for example Ms.Tredgold while returning to England enters her cabin and breaks into tears "unashamedly"as you put it.that was the best line you ever wrote!
Post a Comment
<< Home