Header
Header
Header
 


30 April 2009

Singing through the 60s

Yesterday I attended the Hatchard's Authors of the Year Reception, which is about the only opportunity one gets to meet other authors. Unlike actors, singers or musicians, we don't meet as a team. It was fascinating talking to Felix Francis about what it's like to work with his father Dick, and to Dame Ann Leslie on attending literary lunches and festivals. Although she's been to Iraq and all places east, it seems that Bridport and Hay on Wye, were quite a new experience for her.

Mary and I had to dash off to the opening night of Shout! at the Arts Theatre, and I confess I don't know how the critics will react tomorrow. It's a fun evening, with 5 girls and 1 boy on stage singing their way through the 1960s. The amazing revelation was what a magnificent voice Su Pollard has. During the interval, I met a couple of young ladies from Birmingham who'd seen the show 14 times while it was on tour and had travelled down to London for the opening night. They were staying over the weekend to see it again. With fans like this, it should be a hit.

6 Comments:

Blogger Narayan said...

Sir,
have heard about Jeffrey Archer the politician, read Archer the author, also have heard about Archer the sportsman, and Archer the playwright and actor...and now hearing about Archer the artist.
The internet is full of news of you contributing a picture to THE BUTTERFLY BOOK. we would like to see the said painting. is there anypossibility of the same being featured in this bnlog
cheerio
Narayan
the countdown has begun- only 10 days for mr. Archer to make it to India

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Archer,

I just finished your 3 prison diaries- I read them one after another and did little else until I was finished. I have not read any of your other books yet but plan to right away. Thanks for recording your experiences- it was fascinating, sobering, maddening and heartbreaking all at once!

LH

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Arvind Dwarak said...

Sir,

Read about your attendance at the Hatchard's Authors of the Year Reception,
You undoubtedly are one of the best authors.
If i may ask a question,
Who is your favorite author?

4:42 AM  
Blogger Arpit Kumar said...

sir,
i am a new reader of yours , i have started with some of your short stories collections like the quiver full of arrows and a twist in the tale and i am hopeful of picking up your latest paths of glory. i loved ur work especially THE PERFECT MURDER and A LA CARTE . hoping to see you soon in india .
an archer fan
Arpit Kumar

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Su Pollard has a magnificent voice? What!?

1:58 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

Arvind Dwarak - Many thanks. I have several favourite authors, Dumas, F Scott Fitzgerald, Dickens and R K Narayan.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home