Yesterday I travelled to Warwick to deliver a speech to the British Vehicle Salvage Federation at their annual conference, when I took the place of Ken Clarke who was unable to attend because of Parliamentary duties. It's always interesting to learn the problems any industry is going through, and for the BVSF the fluctuation in scrap metal prices from £200 per tonne down to £20 means they are all facing hard times and keen to find out if there'll be any respite for them in today's budget.
In the evening, Mary and I went to the opening night of Alphabetical Order at the Hampstead Theatre. I first saw this play some thirty years ago directed by Michael Rudman, with Billie Whitelaw playing the lead. Last night's production saw Imogen Stubbs take her role in this thoroughly enjoyable comedy set in the offices of a local newspaper. Michael Frayn, now a grand old man of letters, sat proudly in the audience, hopefully enjoying the audience's enjoyment of his work.
In the evening, Mary and I went to the opening night of Alphabetical Order at the Hampstead Theatre. I first saw this play some thirty years ago directed by Michael Rudman, with Billie Whitelaw playing the lead. Last night's production saw Imogen Stubbs take her role in this thoroughly enjoyable comedy set in the offices of a local newspaper. Michael Frayn, now a grand old man of letters, sat proudly in the audience, hopefully enjoying the audience's enjoyment of his work.



2 Comments:
is anyone planning
to stage
"the sleuth"
immortalised by
laurence olivier and michael caine?
Scrap metal is cheap in Europe...good news for the middle class people of Asia...flats will be cheaper..There is one God!
Post a Comment
<< Home