Header
Header
Header
 


03 April 2009

Book Tour dates finalised

The dates for my forthcoming book tour to India have now been finalised (10th - 20th May), and they are being added to my website later today. I'm very much looking forward to this visit, and hope my Indian readers will find time to come and see me at any of the official events.

33 Comments:

Blogger krishnamoorthy said...

i remember you mentioning
that you received a rock star welcome when you visited india last year. i was lucky to meet you at crossword pune. it was a wonderful evening. people braved the rains to surprise you at bangalore. expect no less this time. later this year mick jagger can visit india and write in his blog "i received a archer like welcome". bon voyage and welcome to india!

11:06 AM  
Blogger iml said...

Awaiting for your Book tour to Singapore. Maybe be just a RedDot but wait till you vist this GreenIsland of SunnySurprises

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anand Balaji said...

Wow! That's great news Jeffrey!
I will surely make it a point to meet you if Bangalore is on your itinerary.
Welcome to India Lord Jeffrey!

3:51 PM  
Blogger Black and White said...

Hey Jeffrey !! That is indeed a wonderful news.. We were eagerly waiting for the same. I still remember the evening at Landmark Gurgaon. Amazing evening. I dont know whether you will be able to fix a small tour to Jaipur this time.. Would be great if you visit this city.. Its realy beautiful. See you Soon Lord Archer!!

8:19 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Any chance of another visit to Australia anytime soon Jeffrey?
I would love to come and see you, I think you may have once visited the book shop I work at in Perth but it was before I got hooked on your writing.

12:43 PM  
Blogger The Solitary Writer said...

woww
thats a news....sir,we are really looking forward for it:)

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In day dream i wish you would say "I may stop over in Dhaka on my
way to India"....but dream is dream...a very slick chance for it to be true...

Lord Archer...you have at least one reader here who could not buy your new books, always bought second hand ones from footpath or borrowed from friends..which he could effort..

7:37 PM  
Blogger Pooja! said...

Can we please have your itinerary - venue & time schedule please. That'd be of immense help.

Thanks
Pratima

7:53 PM  
Blogger rohan said...

Sir, just saw your website and saw you are not visiting our state. I was very very unhappy better say disappointed by it.

4:04 PM  
Blogger rohan said...

Sir, i would like to know which is thee next book you are working on. I get a bit restless now and then

4:06 PM  
Blogger rohan said...

Sir do you see cricket as there is at least a extract on it in most of your novels. I am looking forward to forthcoming IPL season.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Ankur Kakkar said...

i am eagerly awaiting your arrival sir.. i was a part of the audience at your NDTV TALK SHOW in NEW DELHI last summer. It was a pleasure to hear you talk about topics ranging from sachin tendulkar to your prison diaries !!

I shall try my best to meet you this time round.

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Gurpreet said...

That's great Sir!I couldn't make it to Landmark,Lucknow when you were here last year.Grown up reading your books.would be a dream come true to meet you.welcome to the city of Nawabs!

5:40 AM  
Anonymous carole said...

Good afternoon Mr.Archer, I just wanted to let you know how much myself & my husband are enjoying your books. We are quite new to you but my sister kept on recommending you & wish I read you years ago! I am an avid Joe Cox reader & my husband, well, apart from the proverbial paperback by the pool on the annual holiday.....
we are now both hooked.
We started with `prisoner of birth`, which to date is my favourite, but I have just finished the first prison files (which I would not have considered a few weeks ago), I found it a real eye opener & very upseting & moving, well lots of emotions ran through me whilst reading it. It made me cry reading `Fletch`s brief account of his poor life, please tell me, or do I have to read on (I have the 2nd & 3rd files on my bedside table, only finished no.1 today), does he get his heartbreaking story published & bring those poor excuses for humans to justice???
Anyway, enough for now, I dont want to bore you on my first visit.
Just wanted to say, I now have great admiration & respect for you, not only as an author but a person too, sorry it took me so long to read.
Kindest regards & best wishes Carole from Paignton

12:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hi jeefrey your dates for your tour to India have not being posted. Kindly inform us fans of the same at the earliest. Thanks.

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Reema said...

Awesome!!! It's great to see work with India in focus...Am sure this book is gonna be as exciting to look out for after "Slumdog Millionaire"... Hoping to see you if Mumbai is on your itineary...Nevertheless have a splendid stay...

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Lord Archer, it seems you are too busy for last few days or a bit disappointed with the less intelligent and irrelevant comments from the less serious readers of yours...but it is really a fun for us writing here...checking how sharpen our pencils are...

7:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yaaay!!! I had the priveledge to meet you last year in mumbai and can't wait this year too!!! Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less was my favourite until I read Kane and Abel (of which I still have a few pages to read ) A Prisoner of Birth was equally compelling as was A Twist In the Tale...and now I can't wait to get my hands on Paths of Glory..I seriously cannot decide which one's my favourite!!! Looking forward with utmost excitement to see you again this year, sir!!!!

10:34 AM  
Blogger chemwhiz said...

we in small town of Bharuch in Gujarat enjoy each and every book of yours, we wish you not only bring your books to India, you may take away lots of ideas for forth coming projects from our rich country.
Dr.T.B.Trivedi

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I expect it will be brilliant!!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Charlie said...

Jeffrey,

Where are you..?

You haven't posted for ten-days or so.

I hope you're not that fellow who's been dis-membered and deposited in various sites around the UK Midlands.

PLEASE, re-establish contact...

7:23 PM  
Blogger krishnamoorthy said...

your last blog was on 3rd april
today is 15th
this is the longest you have stayed
away without prior notice
AWOL!!!
get back soon

10:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good afternoon Mr Archer,

Just completed my collection of your work with Prisoner of Birth and Paths of Glory. Had a difficult time finding hard copy first editions of the Prison Diaries here in the States.

Interestingly I met up with a friend of yours last week during the Masters Golf Tournament. As I queried him about a few interests I had in the UK - I mentioned you and Phillipa Gregory - to my surprise he knew you well.

Thanks for your lovely work.

Billie Murphy

2:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello, Sir Jeffery!

During your last trip, I remember seeing your picture in the local newspaper of Pune, holding a pirated version of 'Prisoner of Birth'. I bought the novel after that and enjoyed it a lot. I'll surely try to meet you, if you are visiting Pune. By the way, I bought the original copy of 'Prisoner of Birth' :)

4:19 PM  
Anonymous scarlete;ephants said...

I just wanted to say what a completely fantastic book Paths of Glory is. I have not heard of George Mallory before but I decided to down load your book onto my ipod. The ending had me in tears and the human relationships in the book were portrayed beautifully. It has really touched me. I would like to ask, Why did you write about George Mallory, what was your inspiration for the book. The story is fabulous, how much of it was made up ? Thank you for inlightening me to such a wonderful man and his family.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Sir

I chanced upon one of your prison diaries at a bargain bin.After one glance,it struck me like a knock out punch.Your writing is clear, precise and carry a real dose of impact.The adage that true gems often come from the most unlikely of sources came true once again.I am not much of a non-ficton book reader, this time i must admit that i am floored.

Since then,I've went through quite a bit of trouble to secure and read the other 2 prison diaries.I've also began reading your short story collections.I am rather afraid to start reading one of your novels because of the emotional attachment involved. I'm sure some day i will be sucked into the storm, one way or another.

Just like iml,i will absolutely be there to welcome you if you were to do a book tour in Singapore.It's definately no Belmarsh,i can personally ensure you.

Looking forward to a brighter future in these uncertain times.

Chris Peng

6:17 PM  
Blogger Ashish said...

Hey that's a great news!
Are you coming to Hyderabad as well?

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a good trip - and don't drink the water!

11:59 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

rohan - I watch as much cricket as I can! My next project will be a new set of short stories which I'll begin soon. Best wishes.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

Ashish - yes, I'll be in Hyderabad on May 17th.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

scarlete;ephants - Glad you enjoyed the book. The late Chris Brasher encouraged me to write the book, which is fictional but inspired by George Mallory's endeavours.

12:58 PM  
Blogger DEVASIS said...

I read A Prisoner of Birth and Paths of Glory this week.
Both are good yarns.
It is nice to have mythical heroes like Mallory. But Sherpa Tensing climbed Everest first!No takers for this undisputed fact.
No Archers here to write about him!
YOU do write very well and there is a gift that the DIVINE Godess of Learning Saraswati has blessed you with with a mystical gift with words.
DEVASIS
Let me know if you are planning to visit Bangalore

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Amrita said...

Sir Archer,

I've been reading you since the last decade or so. Prisoner of Birth and Kane and Abel are my favorites. I was very keen to meet you the last time you were here but couldn't make it.

Seems like I will be disappointed this time as well. Is it possible to add 'Kolkata' to that list? Please :-|

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home