I was having lunch in my local pub with a friend yesterday when my mobile rang. I don't approve of taking phone calls while in a restaurant, but as I was nervously waiting for the call, I popped out into the street. Jeremy Trevathan, my publisher at Macmillan was on the line. "The book will be No.1 on the Sunday Times Bestsellers list next week," he said. The people inside the pub must have wondered why I was leaping up and down in the street. My thanks go to Pan Macmillan and their excellent team, and to all my readers for making this the 14th time in the last 33 years that I have been seen leaping up and down in the street.



13 Comments:
do you get the confirmation everytime when you are on a street! if yes its an amazing occurance!!
A glorious achievement for a modern literary classic. I shall be leaping and swinging from the branches when the list is published.
Thanks for great news! Congratulations on well-deserved top spot.
You deserve it! Congratulations.
congrats you deserve it. i really like your book
can you tell me which is your next project?
Well done !! Again, I hope one day to join you.
CONGRATS Jeffrey...
Never doubted that you would make it to the No. 1 spot...Hope you stay there for a couple of months!!!
Congratulations Mr. Archer!
Congratulations! I intend to buy my copy very soon. Your enthusiasm on 'Breakfast' tv a few weeks ago was infectious.
Dear Mr Archer,
Congratulations on your routine feat! While your books may be doing well in the bestsellers lists, they are also faring as well at the public libraries... All of your latest novels are either "on loan" or reserved!
Well done indeed!
Cheers,
An ardent fan/reader
Man...you are smart. You also have a very nice name. Do not forget me when you will be the Prime Minister of England.
Come on, Krishnamoorthy...just think how good it looks when such a great Man "leaping up and down" in the street. By the way, He never said that he got the "good news" when he was on a street. Read a bit carefully again and thank him for being so polite to publish your comment. I thank you, Lord Archer.
Come on, Krishnamoorthy... He never said that he got the "good news" everytime he was on a street. Read a bit carefully again, brother.
Post a Comment
<< Home