Header
Header
Header
 


02 March 2009

Publication news

Today is publication day for Paths of Glory in the United States, and I have this morning, released the first chapter of the book to all those who subscribe to this blog. I'd like to thank the Sunday Times for including my blog in their top cult list, as the number of hits on my website in February reached 563,394, the highest in the past 12 months.

17 Comments:

Blogger JargonTalk said...

Congratulations on the release of Paths of Glory in the United States today - already have it on order from Amazon.com. George Mallory is an interesting character, so I hope to see it this week.

Had a chance to read the exclusive excerpt from the book this morning, and it looks like you have an excellent read and a potential best seller here.

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the first chapter available to new subscribers?

1:11 PM  
Blogger Alex Blake said...

After finishing Prisoner of Birth.I am very much looking forward to reading your new book - "Paths of Glory" .
I couldn't help but feel that it was a modern tale Count of Monte Cristo! Was this something you modelled the book on?

All the best Alex

1:20 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

Anonymous - the mailing has gone out I'm afraid, but the same chapter will be available on the website from Thursday this week. Regards, Jeffrey's PA.

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeffrey,

I've loved all your books! Will this title be made available on the Kindle or in other eBook formats?

Thanks,
Brian

2:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeffrey
I just finished the first chapter of Paths of Glory that you sent me....its superb, amazing, and I just can't wait for the book to be relesed in India
An ardent fan

4:37 AM  
Blogger alok bansal said...

Unfortunately, we from the rest of the world (including India) will have to wait till Friday for the book to be released. It's such a long wait!

4:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Jeffrey, Paths of Glory is available in Mumbai since the 2nd. that was a pleasant surprise.Thanks.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

Alex - glad you enjoyed 'A Prisoner of Birth', and yes, I was inspired by 'The Count of Monte Cristo', which is one of my favourite books.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

@ Alok Bansai... The book is avaibale in Mumbai since the 2nd.. which city are you based in? Try and find out you might not have to wait for it...:)

11:57 AM  
Blogger alok bansal said...

@Viral: Hey, I'm based out of Banaglore. Found out it's released here too. I'm picking up my copy today!

12:15 PM  
Blogger krishnamoorthy said...

dear mr archer
the prologue does what it is expected to do
tells you about an obvious event and teases you with another information not fully complete
the first chapter is so charecteristically jeffrey and the ref to king canute is so apt
am waiting for 6th march
all the best in advance

1:24 PM  
Blogger Sarthak said...

hearty congratulations for the new book Sir, its been a few years since i've been reading a lot of your work, and actually vowed ! the day i finished reading the first ever book i came across by you, that i shall conclude reading all your work at the earliest possible date ! i find myself at a lack of words to describe the feeling created while referring to any book written to you ! and i sure am waiting for the 'paths of glory' to hit the stands here in india so that i can lay my hands on the precious !

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

News: It's already out in India!

4:46 AM  
Blogger Sarthak said...

@Anonymous: thank you for the info. i visited crossword in my city a week or so back and dint find it there...will ask them to look into it and have the book made available.

1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello jeffrey,

i am ankit gindoria from india and i want to tell you that i really like your new novel.
most i like in the novel is george mallory climbing of mt everest in 1924. i really felt sad the way mallory died though prisoner of birth is still my favourite among your books
i have 1 or 2 doubts regarding path of glory. i will be glad if you can clear my doubt.
can you tell me how to contact you or should i posy my question here.its just 1 or 2 question

7:32 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

anonymous - you can email me your questions at: questions@jeffreyarcher.co.uk

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home