Header
Header
Header
 


06 March 2009

Publication Day

It's publication day, and if you'd like to read the first chapter of Paths of Glory, it will be available to read on my website later today. Can I thank all those readers who have already bought the book and read it overnight. My Indian friends will be amused to know that a pirate edition was being sold at traffic lights 48 hours after the book landed on the sub-continent. My publishers are not amused.

13 Comments:

Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

It is a masterpiece that would have made Tolstoy envious. I am reading 100 words a week to make it last the rest of my life.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paths of Glory - the original was available in India from the 3rd though the pirated ones were not....and a lot of us did manage to read it overnight the day we bought it
An ardent fan

2:14 PM  
Blogger Ashish said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought the book on the very first day it came out, but am trying not to read it. My wife is very confused as to why I bought and dont want to read it, but I am guessing all the true fans of Lord Archer will understand it...cheers
Sachal

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought your new book last night from asda at a bargain £9!
Richard, Bristol

9:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Paths of Glory was available on the 2nd in India. But that was in bookstores. No pirated editons at trafic signals exist. Rest assured your publishers need not worry as these may be rumours.

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paths of Glory is not priced high in India. So, I think people will rather prefer the original one to the pirated version.

3:54 AM  
Blogger Charlie said...

Jeffrey

Another "Publication Day" concerning you is to be found today. In the "Observer/Guardian" newspaper

This article like all things "Archer" related:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/mar/08/jeffrey-archer

Is well worth reading...

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought it at a traffic lights in Vauxhall. - Joking! I will get it this week actually. Well done me lud!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

Ashish - interesting point, and I've mentioned it to my publishers. Thank you.

12:29 PM  
Blogger mustang gt said...

LOL.True what you said about the pirate edition India.But they cost the same.So wish everyone buys the original

2:52 PM  
Blogger Nitin Aserkar said...

yes lord archer......pirated copies do exist......i stay in mumbai and the copies are available almost everywhere for 80 rupees (less than one british pound.) I assume that your publishers will not be happy to know this as the fakes outsell the originals by more than two to one.you should be pleased to know, however that i posses an original copy....wishin you good healt and good sales....nitin.

9:44 AM  
Blogger anuja said...

Regardless of how many pirated books are available in India, the majority of ardent book readers hate the very feel of those books. Nothing compares to the real thing. So be assured Sir Archer, piracy in India should be the least of your concerns.
Awaiting your visit back here.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home