Header
Header
Header
 


31 March 2009

Art in Paris

Rushed off to Paris at the weekend, ostensibly to see my publishers, in practice it was a good excuse to see the Calder exhibition at the Pompidou Centre. It wasn't Calder as you think of him, massive sculptures all balanced kinetically, but lots of wire sculptures of animals - cows, dogs, cats, horses - which clearly showed his immense talent. As one is able to go from the 6th to the 4th floor and see the permanent 'modern' exhibition, where they do have three magnificent large Calders, you are reminded of the great American's genius. Mind you, I had the same problem as I often have at the MoMA in New York, when there are times when I can't tell a Braque from a Picasso, but it didn't stop it being a most enjoyable exhibition.

A moment of heresy: having been to three or four restaurants in Paris, I think it's now safe to say that London restaurants are every bit as good, if not better, than those in the French capital. Mind you, the restaurants were packed, so clearly no-one's told them there's a recession on.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It may be a human nature, eating more when they are more depressed. But i am curious who pays the bill...is it "his his, who's who's" or there is always a host or hostess!!

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home