Header
Header
Header
 


17 February 2009

A round of interviews

I've begun doing interviews for my latest book, Paths of Glory, to be published on March 6th, and opened with Ed Douglas of The Independent. He is fascinated by the mystery of whether Mallory reached the top of Everest, and he falls into the category of those who believe he was well capable of doing so, and it is even possible he was on the 'third step', only 400 feet from the top when he was last seen by Noel Odell. The second encounter was with John Burns of The New York Times. I was rightly nervous being interviewed by a double Pulitzer Prize winner. His approach was an interesting one, as he wondered if someone like George Mallory could survive in today's world, as Mr Burns doubted if men of honour could fit easily into modern society. On Thursday, I continue with an interview for The Write Place as part of The Book Show on Sky Arts with Mariella Frostrup, and at the weekend start my Australian interviews - that means sitting in tv and radio studios some time between 9.00pm and 1.00am so I can appear on the breakfast shows across Australia. It's going to be a busy month.

1 Comments:

Blogger BookAdda said...

Hi, I'm the owner of a book portal, www.bookadda.com in India. Your readers in India will be happy to know that we taking advance bookings for your latest novel "Paths of Glory".


We have had a lot of request from our customers at bookadda.com about this book and the release date.

We hope to be releasing this book on bookadda.com in the first week of March as per our local distributors.

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home