Yesterday afternoon I had the last pre-publication meeting with my publishers, Macmillan. The meeting was principally to finalise my press schedule, tour dates and to sign-off on the artwork for the advertisements - one of which I thought I'd share with you.
Paths of Glory will be published in the US on March 3rd, and in Britain, India, Australia, South Africa and Canada 3 days later - on March 6th. I will be making chapter one available to all those who subscribe to my blog on March 3rd, and to read on my website on March 9th.



6 Comments:
I really am looking forward to this!!
One part of me says that it doesnt matter whether he reached the top or not. You cannot claim victory unless you come down alive again.. which is far more dangerous.
Whatever ...Mallorys achievement was IMHO greater than ANY of the others before or since. He had to FIND everest long before climb it - ...the glaciers that led to it- and he rightly concluded that the khumbu ice fall looked dangerous!!
He did indeed find the route to the top - long before the effects of hydration were known -or thermal clothing was available - or nutrition and oedema were properly understood. And he had no weather radar, that present teams take for granted.
I believe that had mallory had equipment and clothing and support as good as the 52 team - he would undoubtedly have succeeded.
But I doubt if he would have considered the brute force army style "siege" tactics of hunt were even ethical
Mike B
I wish that your't forget us the Arab world from your visit!
Looking forward to the new novel. I am now reading The Count of Monte Cristo, after having read A Prisoner of Birth last year.
Can't Hardly Wait!
Is it possible to know which cities will you be touring in India, and when? Cause really looking forward to your second outing to India!!
Love all your books and can't wait to get my hands on the lastest addition just hope my local bookshop gets it in as soon as released in Ireland.
Post a Comment
<< Home