Header
Header
Header
 


19 February 2009

Digital downloads


I've just had good news on the audio front, Audible, the digital audio retailer, have recommended Paths of Glory to iTunes as their audio book of the month for March. This is the first time this has happened for one of my books, but I must confess the real praise should go to the distinguished actor, Roger Allam, whose narration is quite outstanding.

In fact I owe him a double debt of gratitude, because the audio CD of Prisoner of Birth was No.1 for 11 weeks, and is also a finalist in the 2009 Audie awards in America.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It will be available at audible.co.uk on 6th March. We will have both the abridged and unabridged version, which is only availble as a download. I can't wait to listen to it! The Prisoner of Birth was one of my favoutite listens of 2008!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Tinkerbell said...

my partner complains when i read before i sleep as the light keeps him awake.... now that's a thought - audio books !!!

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so glad to learn about the upcoming unabridged recording of "Paths of Glory". As a blind person, I rely upon audio books and in some cases it has been quite difficult to obtain unabridged recordings of Jeffrey Archer's books. Fortunately, "A Prisoner of Birth" was one of these thanks to Audible, and I will be eagerly awaiting 6 March for the release of the new book!

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sir,
I am 18 and have just started reading your books and have got just addicteed to them. I have read about 6-7 of them.
I hope you keep on writing for ever....

4:49 PM  
Blogger JargonTalk said...

OK, I can't resist. Have just placed my order for the audio CD version of Paths of Glory from Amazon.com, and am looking forward to receiving it. Have read a few comments about Roger Allam's excellent narration, so this is a departure from a fan who had been reading your print copies since my college days when Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less was first released in paperback.

Congrats, Mr. Archer, on a grand and truly glorious writing career!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home