Header
Header
Header
 


12 February 2009

A day in Paris

On Tuesday I took the Eurostar to Paris for publication day (today) of the French translation of A Prisoner of Birth. A full day of media interviews, including Le Parisien, Femme Actuelle, Ouest France, Valeurs Actuelles, and Nightlife. Such interviews always vary greatly in quality and importance - one minute you're being interviewed by someone read by a million people, then by someone who has an audience of 10,000. The vital thing is to make sure you're fully awake for them all. I stayed overnight at L'Hotel (where Oscar Wilde died) on the Left Bank, and dined at their one Michelin starred 'Le Restaurant' - quite magnificent, and then took the evening Eurostar back to London last night. A thoroughly worthwhile day.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed 'A prisoner of birth'. It was like a series that I couldn't wait to catch but could take the time to 'watch' every night. I look forward to reading your latest writing :)

9:55 PM  
Blogger Terry Alexander said...

I have just finished "listening" to the audio version of "PRISONER OF BIRTH". I was pleased that an interview was included at the end of the presentation. I must agree with your comment that "PRISONER OF BIRTH" is your best work. I frequently take long driving trips and audio books are a great friend. I can say without reservation that this was my favorite book in recent memory and I was sad to have it come to a conclusion, however satisfying the results were for the characters. Thank you for your efforts. They are a great comfort and an enjoyment.

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why so disparaging about journals only read by "an audience of 10,000"?

That is about 9-and-a-half thousand more than will ever wish to read your desperately tedious book.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Helen Brocklebank said...

Sorry, am being complete blog stalker and leaving comments on more than one posting. But I just wanted to say that L'Hotel is fabulous, isn't it. I stayed there for a long weekend last year and couldn't help feeling that OW would now rather approve of the wallpaper...

11:59 PM  
Blogger Fashion Blur said...

After reading in yesterday’s Sunday Times I was delighted to learn about your blog and I am working through your posts.

I started a popular street fashion blog back in October 2006, which is originally meant to be my place to write, however it was more difficult to do than I had imagined and has now become an environment where I post photographs we take on the street.

You mentioned in one of your posts interrupting your regular routine to attend a funeral. Because I love process, I was wondering if you have posted on exactly how you discipline yourself to write?

Which would be a fascinating topic for aspiring writers, struggling to kick-start a writing regime.



http://www.fashionblurlondon.com/

http://www.thestylescout.co.uk/

9:48 AM  
Blogger Colin Kelly said...

Jeffrey, time to get your head of your arse and start relating to the common man.

Let's hear some quality words of wisdom out of this blog - no holds barred chat about life, love, the meaning of it all instead of these plummy musings about what you did with the weekend and what wine you like.

By the way - I do a quiz on the radio and the contestants had to give me "colours" we went through the obvious ones and then someone said "wine". I disqualified them and caused great public outrage. What would you have done? Is wine a colour?

12:07 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

Colin Kelly - no, I don't think 'wine' is a colour...

3:49 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

Colin Bowell - I didn't mean to be disparaging...my point was that you have to be alert for all interviews whatever audience they may get. Sorry you're not one of the 250 million people who've read my books.

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'A prisoner of birth' i hope to translate it in arabic language.. There are many arabic people like your novels and i'm the one

2:26 AM  
Blogger Uncletomscabin said...

Jeffery, im a simple cab driver and cant relate to your blog; the life you lead appears to have more in common with the books you write than with most people who read them. What are you views and opinions, that is what i want to find out; I have a blog myself and welcome all comments and contributions.

4:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home