Header
Header
Header
 


26 January 2009

Give A Little Love

While I've been away writing, Mary hosted a reception at our London apartment to launch the Pink Rose Valentine's Appeal - Give a Little Love - in aid of Breast Cancer Research.





I was sorry not to meet Olivia Newton-John (star of the original Grease), who is generously supporting the campaign, along with Joan Collins, Rebecca Mader, Felicity Kendal, Stephen Fry, Rachel Weisz, Patti Boulaye, Patricia Hodge, Jilly Cooper, Donald Sinden , Pat Sharp, Twiggy, Sam Taylor-Wood, Tania Bryer and The Chippendales. Ms Newton-John has a strong Cambridge connection, as she was born in the old Addenbrooke's Maternity Hospital, and her father was a professor at Cambridge.

To discover the many ways you can help this wonderful cause - including sending a Valentine's e-card from any of the celebrities supporting it - visit www.givealittlelove.org.

6 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Norfolk said...

What a super photograph.

The cause deserves all the support it can generate.

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats a great picture!

3:48 AM  
Blogger Loveena Raj said...

I usually find it hard to resist the little teddy bears and the wrist straps of different colours which are widely promoted here for the Breast cancer awareness programme. Small and insignificant donation - but I know it makes up the bigger picture :)

Thank you for the link - shall make it a point to give a little more love. Good night :)

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Lord Archer
I suppose you won't want to answer this question but if you don't mind Sir may I ask: would you mind losing your peerage and title for having been to prison? I feel once you have served your time, you have paid for your crime, and should continue with life. What about you?

11:56 AM  
Blogger Darlyn said...

hi Lord Archer..
i already read your latest book a prisoner of birth, and it was a wow..! =)

6:03 PM  
Blogger Amax said...

My congratulations on an excellent book Sir. I have read your books for over twenty years. I was reading Jeffrey Archer's as a 13 year old when my friends in the all girls boarding school I attended in Nigeria were twittering over silly romances.
After reading "A Prisoner of Birth" cover to cover three times, I cannot help but ask you why nothing was done to Leach. He killed Lord Moncrieff afterall. I was outraged, because Moncrieff bears a certain resemblance to another English Lord who shall remain unnamed.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home