Yesterday, during a shopping expedition, I slipped into the Sainsbury Wing of the National Gallery to see the Titian exhibition, which is on until 18 January. I was surprised to find that the rooms were fairly empty, and couldn't make up my mind if this was because it was the week before Christmas, or that people weren't willing to spend £10 to view this magnificent exhibition. The opening room has the amazing portrait of the Dowager by Bellini , and every one of the eight rooms has at least one or two gems. The final room with Raphael, Van Eyck and Titian is worth a visit on its own. Highly recommended.



3 Comments:
I have just read your first prison diary. I read the diaries as follows 2, 3 then 1. I was expecting 1 to be absolute hell, without trivialising your experience, it didn't come accross as bad as I had been expecting!
I decided to google your name and came accross this blog, now that time has passed, do you ever wonder about the people you met and do you keep in touch with any of them?
What have you done, or what are you doing to highlight the plight of people in prison?
Happy 2009 to you and yours!
Just ten pounds? In these parts you can pay more for half the visual and a fourth the intellectual stimulation at the local cinema. I can understand knocking works off the pedestal of importance; but dammit, that don't stop them from being something to see in and of themselves.
I am reading your diarys at the moment and enjoying them greatly. I was interested in them years ago but have to confess to refusing to read them when first published out of principle. I am very glad now to have changed that decision. I would be interested to know if you keep in touch with any of the people you met during your time and if you have managed to have any posistive impact on their lives now you are on the outside? If anyone can point me to a blog or site that answers this question I would be greatful.
Post a Comment
<< Home