After Lady Thatcher's Christmas party on Thursday last week, I went off to join 100 guests at a dinner at Mosimann's, and to conduct my final auction of 2008 for Help the Aged. Although the auction raised £31,500, I have to report that the credit crunch has hit the charity circuit, because last year I raised £2.1m, and this year have only managed £1.3m. I shall have to see if I can do better next year.



3 Comments:
Lord Archer,
Great Job! Whats is important is the spirit of what you are doing,am sure you will raise more money for charity next year. Also please remember the children of Dafur and Somalia.
I'd guess we'd all like to be able to do and, give better, in 2009...
£1.3m is a great result given the tribulations of 2008. You did very well.
My sorry prediction is you'll be well below that figure this coming year. Sad
Lord Archer,
I am so happy to have landed here.
Can we expect a book from you on banking failures? How someone builds a bank over many years and is sudden collapse. I thought it is a nice theme for a writer like you.
Regards
R Sathyamurthy
Post a Comment
<< Home