Header
Header
Header
 


20 November 2008

Imagine This

Last night I went to the opening of the new musical, Imagine This, at the New London Theatre. Let me begin by saying that if you're going to do a musical about the Holocaust at a cost of £4m, when the world is facing a recession, you need quite a lot going for you if you're hoping for a hit. Having said that, I enjoyed the show more than I'd expected, and Peter Polycarpou's performance as the troupe leader and father of the Warshowsky family, was outstanding. For me, however, it was Michael Matus, as the Roman general's Christian slave, Pompey, who stole the show, with two witty songs and fine humourous timing. The show received a warm standing ovation, but I fear in the present climate in the West End, it's hard to imagine this will survive. To quote one of Pompey's lines, pray for a miracle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home