Funny old day yesterday. When I arrived back from lunch, I learned that A Prisoner of Birth remains at No.1 on the Sunday Times bestsellers list this week. In the afternoon I had a session with the distinguished photographer, John Swannell, who is doing the jacket photograph for my next book, Paths of Glory. In the evening, I went to see Table Manners at the Old Vic, which is one of Alan Ayckbourn's trilogy, The Norman Conquests. The reviews have been amazing, so I've booked to see all three. But sadly, I left in the interval because I was so put off by the noise of the fireworks in the background, which certainly didn't help the actors. I wonder how many plays in the West End were affected last night, or perhaps the Old Vic suffered more than most because it's in a residential area. I was sad not to enjoy a play which I remembered with great affection from its original production, with Tom Courtenay, Michael Gambon, Felicity Kendal and Penelope Keith. Still, I'll report back when I've seen the second one, Living Together, in a couple of weeks time.



3 Comments:
Dear Sir Jeffrey Archer,
I take upon this opportunity to let you again know the fact which many have stated, which is your writings are beyond any commendation which I may be permitted to make. Inspirational, intriguing, engaging, the immense power in the simplicity of description you use is to put in simple words brilliant.
Thank you so much for bestowing each one us with your superb writings.
I really and truly look forward to meet you someday.
I look forward to a reply.
Yours sincerely,
Parikhit Dutta,
Mysore,
Karnataka,
India.
parikhitdutta@gmail.com
Mr Archer, I have read each and every of your novels and I am excited about reading your latest 'A Prisoner of Birth'. I'm eager to know how you think up these gripping stories and what is the process between you having an idea for a new novel and that becoming a reality in the shops? I love that not only is your storytelling first class but the factual information often within your novels is also gripping and fascinating. I often sit there after finishing one of your novels how the thoughts in your head manage to eventually become such readable, enjoyable classics.
Best Regards
Kevin
Just a quick word to express my enjoyment of A prisoner of birth, its fantastic and already doing the rounds at the school playground and reviews at coffee mornings, its fab xxx
Post a Comment
<< Home