The success of some charities can be based on their size, reputation, and the number of workers they employ, while others rely on dedicated staff, a handful of loyal supporters, and genuine affection for everyone involved. Last night I went to The Dorchester to do an auction for St Davids Care in the Community, who fit firmly into the second category. The work they do for people with educational and developmental needs is truly amazing, because it allows their residents a better quality of life, something so often I take for granted. The auction raised £91,000, and one of the most popular items was a dinner for eight people cooked in your own home by the distinguished master chef of The Ritz, John Williams and John King of Crockfords, which sold for £11,000.
A table full of Indians were giving me some stick about today's One Day International and the upcoming Test series in India. I can assure you I held my own, and indeed, when one of the Indians leapt up, I took that as a bid, and he generously ended up paying £9,000 for a round of golf in Barbados with the legendary all-round cricketer, Sir Garfield Sobers. However, I woke this morning to watch India score the highest total ever in a one day match against England, and after I finish this blog, I'm going back to watch our team in the hope they can score 385 from fifty overs. Wait, let me say it for you, "Dream on, Jeffrey." Truth is, this is one of the finest Indian sides we've seen for many years, and I expect they'll dominate the next decade of international cricket.
A table full of Indians were giving me some stick about today's One Day International and the upcoming Test series in India. I can assure you I held my own, and indeed, when one of the Indians leapt up, I took that as a bid, and he generously ended up paying £9,000 for a round of golf in Barbados with the legendary all-round cricketer, Sir Garfield Sobers. However, I woke this morning to watch India score the highest total ever in a one day match against England, and after I finish this blog, I'm going back to watch our team in the hope they can score 385 from fifty overs. Wait, let me say it for you, "Dream on, Jeffrey." Truth is, this is one of the finest Indian sides we've seen for many years, and I expect they'll dominate the next decade of international cricket.



5 Comments:
Dear Sir,
I am here just to say 'Hi' to you. I am reading 'A prisoner of birth' these days and really can't wait to finish the novel. I have read till where 4 of the 5 charges against Danny are withdrawn. I feel like bringing the novel to office but don't really feel it right to read in office. I read normally after dinner.
I am sure I am in for a surprise in the concluding part of the novel. Thats what I really like about your writing sir.
India won by 158 runs. A very good all round show by India.
regards,
Deepak
Yup India won this match....
but there is no one to beat you in India as far as storytelling is concerned.
I am now reading EXCLUSIVE for the umpteenth time. (yup, i got a copy with me-how i got it is a secret)
Well, this comment is about your novel Prisoner of birth. Although I liked reading it but felt like cheating after reading it. Some very obvious logic was used to acquit Danny which was missed in the first trial. How can one such an obvious sign of innocence? Even his jeans has such a hole than Danny must be having a running wound during first trial. How can anybody miss that? I couldn't digest that.
-Rajeev
I so love love love A Prisoner of Birth!
I read within 3 days, it's very hard to put down.
Dear sir,
hi, well i cant say i am your biggest fan ,but i am right up there in te list( of fans) , i have read each of your novels atleast 2-3 times and i still get excited reading them , please i know its tough writing novels and it takes time and energy but make sure to release a novel every 6 months (though not comprimising on quality) , whens your new novel coming please make it fast.
Post a Comment
<< Home