Header
Header
Header
 


17 November 2008

Cambridge - Peterborough - India

On Saturday, I watched my rugby team (Cambridge) lose to Launceston, 21-23, and although it was a closely contested match, frankly the Cornish All Blacks deserved the victory. CRUFC are going to have to consolidate themselves in National Division 2 before we can consider promotion.

In the evening, I travelled to Peterborough Cathedral, to do an auction on behalf of Sue Ryder Care, which raised £16,750 towards the repairs to the collapsed roof of their main hsopice, Thorpe Hall. They'll need to raise a lot more money if they hope to rebuild it.

I rose early this morning, to watch England play India in the second One Day Test, and that tiresome fellow Yuvraj Singh was at it again. Back to back centuries are going to make it very difficult for us to win, unless one of our batsmen can perform just as well. I'm off to the tv now to watch England bat...oh no, we're 8 for 1.

2 Comments:

Blogger enRenRum-anbudan.BALA said...

Respected Sir,

I am great fan of your writing and have read most of your fictions. It is not an exaggeration when I say that I learnt to write good English by reading your books !

England lost again though they tried to make a match of it through Flintoff and Peitersen in vain,thanks to Yuvaraj who removed both in quick succession to trigger a collapse

I would like to point out an error in your blog. From the main blog page (http://jeffreyarchers.blogspot.com), when I try to click the PERMANENT LINK to a post (link is represented by the TIME entry at which it was posted), I get a "Page Not found" error !!!

Request you to do the needful and set it right.

Bala
Chennai
India

12:33 PM  
Blogger Johnny Norfolk said...

Games with close scores like this are normally very good to watch, even if your tean lost. They play some hard rugby in the West Country and can be very hard to beat. I know.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home