Header
Header
Header
 


16 October 2008

Who's the brightest...

The event last night at the Guildhall in the City of London, was a quiz, hosted by Strictly Come Dancing's latest celebrity, John Sergeant. The short auction and a meal were tucked in between rounds 4 and 5 of the quiz, and raised just over £10,000 for St John Ambulance which is a first-class organisation, with some 45,000 volunteers - 26,000 of whom are below the age of 25. The charity's director is particularly proud of the work they're doing with young people in this country, which get's little mention, as this gang of young people are more interested in saving lives.

I am constantly reminded just how many charities there are in the UK who rely so much on volunteers. Napoleon called us a nation of shopkeepers, whereas the truth is, I think we're a nation of volunteers.

1 Comments:

Blogger yasmin said...

" Napoleon called us a nation of shopkeepers, whereas the truth is, I think we're a nation of volunteers."

How true especially in times of crisis.

yasmin
In memory of Charlie Rocket. http://www.myspace.com/132501307

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home