Header
Header
Header
 


28 October 2008

Leading by example

I've avoided making political comments in this blog, not least because I'm aware of how many journalists lift my remarks word for word, and then print them as if I've been chatting to them. However, I am unable to resist saying that I was somewhat surprised when Gordon Brown told the country that he was going to use our money (my words) to spend his way out of trouble. Many of you reading this blog may currently have an overdraft at your bank. Might I suggest that you make an appointment with your bank manager, and tell him that you've decided to spend your way out of trouble, and just see how he reacts. Frankly, Prudence is a whore.

5 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

Problem is if we all save then apparently we will have a major depression as per The Paradox of Thrift. So Gordon is doing us all a favour by borrowing all that money, incidentally where is he borrowing it from? The banks are meant to be bust....

12:14 PM  
Blogger Johnny Norfolk said...

When Labour were last in power and had spent all our wealth, they had to go to the IMF for a loan to bail us out.

The loan was made available to us provided we increased government spending !!!!!

Of course not.

The then Labour government led by uncle Jim had to CUT spending to obtain the bail out loan.
They then did so, and in came the winter of discontent and then in came Mrs T who then sorted things out.

Its all happening again only much worse this time. we do not have Uncle Jim but Blunder Brown.

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have tried it amd it didnt go down to well. In the interests of satire I did a No.10 petition asking for backing for Britains Battling Bankers... a few days later the Government and its friends in The Sun were saying much the same stuff. I have abandoned satire...

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing what liberties politicians take. I, thanks to George Bush and Nancy Pelosi, am now one of millions of Americans who involuntarily rescued the banking system.

As an aside, a month or so ago I finished reading your prison diaries. The conclusion of Heaven left me wanting more of your diaries from the outside world. Mercifully it didn't take long to stumble upon your blog.

Best,

/Jeff Durst

2:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Prudence is a whore"

So what does that make Peter Mandelson?

Good blog btw.

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home