On Saturday night, Mary and I went to the Cambridge Arts Theatre to see The Doubtful Guest. By nature, I am someone who looks for the best in anyone and tries to think of something nice to say, but I have to admit, I think this was among the worst plays I've ever seen in my life, and had there been an interval, I would have left. Heaven knows there's enough good theatre around at the moment for one not to have to waste one's money on such rubbish. The story is of a family who suddenly discover that an animal, (something like a cross between a penguin and a dolphin), invades their home and comes to live. The family are completely disrupted and their lives ruined. I can't imagine what producer or director thought this was worth spending £100,000 on. We hope for better on Friday when we see Agatha Christie's Murder on Air.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home