It was a busy week last week, because my line-editor (she of the missing full-stops and repeated words) completed her work on Paths of Glory (to be published in March) and sent it back to Macmillan. The publishers now prepare what's called a proof copy, which is the last time I can make any changes, and will in fact be the 15th draft. The timing was interesting, because it was handed in on the day A Prisoner of Birth came out in paperback, and I learned on Tuesday, that after two days sales it would be No.8. You can find out five days before the Sunday Times Bestsellers list comes out in the Culture section, what position you're going to be on the list the following Sunday, so I'll know tomorrow, around 3pm, if I've moved up from 8th. I'll keep you briefed.



3 Comments:
I already cannot wait to read your next book as I have run out of decent authors to read and as you are my favourite roll on March. Prisoner of Birth was fantastic by the way and deprived me of a nights sleep as I had to stay up all night and read it.
Thank you for being the amazing story teller you are, I hold an incredible amount of respect for both you and your books.
Prisoner of birth
What a page turner amazing ,I am not a big reader but i read that one in two nights, but then again every one of your novels that i have read have never took me more than three !!
But what a final word on the final page if that isnt the opening to a sequel then i dont kmow what is .correct me if i am wrong never since Kane & Able has there been a saga penned by yourself and look at the success that had .the potential and material is all there so come on jeffery " Make it happen " PLEASE
anonymous - your kind comments about Kane & Abel are much appreciated. You might like to try The Prodigal Daughter, which picks up where Kane & Abel left off. You might also enjoy As the Crow Flies which is also a saga.
Post a Comment
<< Home