Header
Header
Header
 


14 October 2008

The cats that got the cream

I was in Palma last weekend to check progress on my new home - it was meant to be completed on December 15th, but they're now predicting March 1st. Has anyone ever had an experience where builders finish on time? Answers on a postcard please.

While sitting in my hotel room on Sunday morning, I read a small item in The Times that I would like to share with you. Among the pages and pages of reports on the financial crisis and how to deal with the credit crunch, was a short piece about a cats home in Leeds that had £11million deposited in one of the Icelandic banks that have collapsed. When the chief executive was questioned about this amazingly large sum, he replied that yes, they were disappointed, but hoped to recover the full amount. The reporter went on to ask if this was a disaster for the cats home, and would it even cause them to close, to which the chief executive replied, no, not really, after all, we have an income of £35million a year.

When I'm reincarnated, I'm not coming back as a banker, but as the chief executive of a cats home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home