Today is going to be hectic. It's one of those occasions when a clash of events occurs, both of which one wants to attend, but you don't wish to let the other one down. MediCinema, a wonderful charity that builds and equips cinema rooms for children's hospitals, has invited me to a special showing of Quantum of Solace the new James Bond, at BAFTA, followed by a dinner where I will conduct the auction. Trouble is, David Ian has invited me to the opening night tonight, of La Cage aux Folles at the Playhouse, the sell-out Menier Chocolate Factory production. I think I've come up with a compromise. I'm going to the opening night of La Cage aux Folles, which starts at 7.00pm, and will then dash across from the Embankment to Piccadilly in my mini, arriving just in time for the dinner at BAFTA and the auction that follows. I'll see the new Bond film on Sunday, my usual film night, and get the best of both worlds. I'll report back on both events tomorrow.
I promised to report on next Sunday's Bestseller's List, and I've just received the sales figures for November 2nd. A Prisoner of Birth will be No.1, 7,000 ahead of the No.2. Phew. So that's a great start for today.
I promised to report on next Sunday's Bestseller's List, and I've just received the sales figures for November 2nd. A Prisoner of Birth will be No.1, 7,000 ahead of the No.2. Phew. So that's a great start for today.



2 Comments:
Hello Jeffrey
I hope you have a very good day and the plan works. And I hope the traffic is kind to you. You must know all the parking spaces, especially round Piccadilly!
Kind regards
David
Hey Mr Archer, i just want to say that i loved reading your new book, i loved the way it ended, and as i read it the woman next to me at liverpool street station said to me, don't you feel that a part of routine just left you as you have just read i am sure a great book.. i just said softly yes indeed - archer is a great storr teller and this was indeed a great book of emotional turmoil, and great thought of human nature that pascoe had also incurred and the other characters which made mr redmayne do what he did..
i dont want to say too much here.. as i can only say brilliant book, and to be totally honest when i read your books my vocabulary increases immensely..
Amit Karia
Gieves and Hawkes
Knightsbridge
Age 25
Finished reading it
Central Line - Liverpool Street!
Post a Comment
<< Home