Header
Header
Header
 


02 September 2008

Day to day

I had lunch yesterday at my local gastro pub, The Lavender, with my old friend Eddie Lister. Eddie is leader of Wandsworth Council, which is acknowleged as one of the most successfully run councils in Britain today, which is why, when I stood for Mayor of London, he was on my ticket as Deputy Mayor - and what an outstanding deputy mayor he would have made.

Today I have two auction meetings, for MediCinema and for the Pelican Cancer Foundation, when I will be briefed on their upcoming events, and I shall remind them once again that my charge for conducting an auction is £10,000 or a parking space! I have to confess that in over 20 years of auctioneering, I've never had the £10,000 - but have had some pretty ropey parking spaces.

I'm spending this afternoon with my publishers to discuss the launch on October 17th of the paperback of A Prisoner of Birth, followed by a discussion on my new book, Paths of Glory, which will be published in March next year. I will leave them to drive up to Cambridge to spend another 5 days on the 13th draft which I hope to show to my agent and editor by the end of next week...and then onto the 14th draft.

3 Comments:

Blogger kaddu said...

Can't wait to read Paths of Glory!! And, looking forward the short story u found in delhi!!

11:25 AM  
Blogger blah said...

waiting for it to be march 2009

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just finished reading 'A Prisoner of Birth'. As usual, very captivating from start to finish, written eloquently and with the finesse attributed to your style and quality. Keep them coming !

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home