Header
Header
Header
 


29 August 2008

"Non, Je ne regrette rien"

Regular readers of my blog will know that I go to the theatre two or three times a week, so I have to report on my visit this week to the Donmar's prodution of Piaf. It is one of the finest pieces of theatre I have seen in my life, and Elena Roger who plays Edith Piaf will surely receive every theatre award this year, from the Olivier to the Evening Standard. I can't recall how many times I've joined an audience that leapt out of their seats to hail, by any standards, a star.

I feared I was going to have to report this morning the fact that every single seat is sold out for the entire run and sadly you would not be able to see this production. However I learned this morning, that such has been the demand for tickets, that the show will transfer to the Vaudeville Theatre for a limited 14 week season. A note from the Donmar tells me that the production opens on October 21st and will run until January 24th. Tickets go on sale today (0844 412 4663). I make a prediction that I shall be happy to follow up, that every single seat will be sold before the opening night. Don't hang about.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Lord Archer
Just two points, I was re-reading your prison diaries for the upteenth time, and saw two things which didnt seem right to me.
a) On your chapter for 23rd December 2001, you mention going to Boston US but by mistake you mention Boston as Boston Connecticut, Boston to my knowledge is in the state of Massachusetts
b) On your chapter for 09 January 2002, you mention your probably release date is 19th July 2003, but in the epilogue you note 21st July 2003 as your last day in prison. Why were you made to sit in prison for two extra days.

On a side note , did any of the three points you mention your Postscript was taken note by the Home Secretary.

I have asked some other questions in a different post, but perhaps you didnt come across it...
Cheers and Kind regards
Sachal Lakhwani (essel1@yahoo.com)

1:47 PM  
Blogger nirmalc_26769 said...

I noted that you go to the theatre so often. And may I say that it led to think, why dont you make stage adaptations of a few of your more adaptable books ? It would be a treat to watch, and I am sure the drama scripts wd make for great reading too.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Jayashree Bhat said...

Oh my God. I am sorry to be acting totally star struck at the moment, but well, I cannot believe that the Jeffrey Archer can be contacted so easily.

I am an Indian student and have read pretty much all your books (except the latest one, actually.)Love the twists in your short stories.

Sorry, my comment has nothing to do with your blog post! And I sincerely hope that you are Jeffrey Archer and this isn't another Internet joke!

4:33 AM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

Sachal Lakwani - many thanks. Sorry about the errors, but well spotted! The two extra days in prison were because it was a weekend, so I had to wait until the Monday. My suggestion on equal pay for education in prisons has been adopted. Best wishes.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Jeffrey Archer said...

nirmalc - I'm concentrating on my novels at the moment, although I have written three plays, all of which have been performed in the West End. Best wishes.

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home