Header
Header
Header
 


04 July 2008

Tennis in SW19

I don't suppose many of us were surprised that Rafael Nadal beat Andy Murray after his 4 hour battle the night before. I fear the same will happen today after the epic encounter between Rainer Schuettler and the Frenchman Arnaud Clement, which was one of the finest games I've ever seen. Although I only caught the last hour of the match, both players (one at age 30 and one 31) so clearly recognised this was their one chance of winning Wimbledon, but as Nadal had a day off and had won in straight sets against Murray, a three set victory today will not come as a surprise. I expect Roger Federer versus Marat Safin will be a much more interesting match, but maybe this time tomorrow I shall have to eat my blog.

4 Comments:

Blogger Pravin Mathew said...

Hi. I liked your book and did a review on it. Good stuff sir!!!

1:12 PM  
Blogger blah said...

u didnt have to eat your blog... maybe now, you can predict the finals' result..... that would be a bit more challenging..

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear, sir,
Now that Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer are playing tomorrow, what do you have to say about that match? Any favourites?
Karunika.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think a final battle between nadal and federer always heats up the TRP's. it was a good battle but didnt u notice that the battle was actually like a war itself. The quality of the game definetely did not meet the standards that these 2 guys had set for themselves. it was more like a heated battle, waiting for each others blood...absolutely lethal

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home