Last night I went to see The Female of the Species at the Vaudeville Theatre. This is a play based on an incident when Germaine Greer was for a short period held captive by a young girl. This gives the playwrite an opportunity to have a dig at the great feminist. While it's fun, and some of the lines are extremely witty, I came out of the theatre if anything, admiring Ms Greer more than I did when I went in. But nevertheless, it will not surprise you there was some fine acting, not least from the great dame, Eileen Atkins, who seems quite happy to admit she's 74 - amazing, because from where I was sitting in the 5th row, she looked to be in her fifties, and it's not altogether surprising that Colin Farrell once allegedly propositioned her. It was sad to see that the theatre was only half full, and I wondered if this was because of the credit crunch, or perhaps this particular play only has a limited audience. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and can recommend you should go. Off to the National Theatre this evening for the opening night of Her Naked Skin, and will report tomorrow.



1 Comments:
Sir, Colin Farrell has never been known to be careful with his propositions.
Post a Comment
<< Home